The Student Room Group

Travel grant

Hello,
I am doing a year abroad in August in USA. I'm eligible for the travel grant as I get the full maintenance grant and loan. I have applied for my loan and its been confirmed that I'll get the higher amount for travelling abroad. However, it says that the travel grant will be sent to me automatically if I'm eligible. I was just wondering when it would be sent as I haven't received it yet?
Thanks.
Reply 1
I had to ring up student finance to get them to sent me a form. They said it should have been sent automatically but I didn't get it, maybe it's the same for you, so give them a ring and get them to send it :smile:
Reply 2
Okay thanks, I'll give that a try. Did your university have to complete a form, too? Because it mentions that online in several places but my university says they haven't received one.
Hi there.

Your university will have a database of courses that attract Travel Grant for periods abroad. When we receive your application we will check this database and if you're on an eligible course we will automatically send you Travel Grant forms.

If they've not added the courses then we will not be able to check or send the form.

We can send them manually if you call us, however this is not to say your eligibility to the grant is guaranteed if we've not yet checked.

Thanks.
Reply 4
Is there anywhere I can check to see what the eligible courses are?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending