Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Dundee 2016 - Med Student - Accommodation

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

So i've firmed dundee for medicine and I was just wondering what people recommend for accommodation at dundee. I'm moving up from Glasgow and I'll end up driving too. Belmont flats are located on campus and Seabraes sounds like a good shout. I've got a couple of friends that are willing to hall with me so can anyone thats already at dundee tell me the pros and cons of both places? Plus is there much difference between standard and premium flats? And if anyones gonna be studying med at dundee gimme a shout or something aha

I'm moving from Glasgow too! To do Accountancy.

I'm confused as to what to do for accommodation, have you got an offer for accommodation from the uni?

I live in Seabraes and I've not enjoyed it. Noise everywhere. Pro: less noisy than on campus. Con: brick walls, crappy shower curtain, you can hear everything in your flat.

On campus it's a lot worse for noise though so unless you're a heavy sleeper, get used to noise! Pro: on campus, near the gym and union, doors for the shower, nicer rooms and kitchen. Cons: noise, expensive.

If you're a med student, why not West Park? It's closer to Ninewells.

The difference between the premium and standard rooms is 2 square meters, not enough to warrant the extra money i feel, I've put Belmont flats as my number once choice because it's on campus and right next to the union and the gym, which is really nice. When i visited for an open day, i was impressed with the Belmont Flats, all en-suite and self catered is much better than others ive seen.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.