The Student Room Group

I've lost my retainer!! Help!!!!!!

I'm 15 and I had braces for 2 years, I got them taken off a month ago and now I've lost my retainer. I have a gap and now I think they need a remould but obviously I don't want to pay for a retainer that is not going to close my gap? Has anyone had this problem and know how I can solve it?? I have an appointment in 2 weeks but my gap will keep getting bigger by then!!
I've had the problem before, they can only mould new retainer using the current state of your teeth as a cast, so i'd guess that the gap wont be closed unfortunately.
Reply 2
Original post by Gracieogden
I'm 15 and I had braces for 2 years, I got them taken off a month ago and now I've lost my retainer. I have a gap and now I think they need a remould but obviously I don't want to pay for a retainer that is not going to close my gap? Has anyone had this problem and know how I can solve it?? I have an appointment in 2 weeks but my gap will keep getting bigger by then!!

Relax, any dentist will tell you a few weeks won't do much, you have to get a new retainer I'm afraid, and it's a matter of urgency. Call them and get an emergency appointment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by IAmNero
Relax, any dentist will tell you a few weeks won't do much, you have to get a new retainer I'm afraid, and it's a matter of urgency. Call them and get an emergency appointment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So they have to give me an emergency appointment? When I get the new retainer will my gap eventually close?
Original post by Gracieogden

Posted from TSR Mobile
So they have to give me an emergency appointment? When I get the new retainer will my gap eventually close?

No, the new retainer will be moulded to your teeth in their current state.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
[QUOTE="Gracieogden;64556313"]
Original post by IAmNero

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't have to, but they will want to.
And no, unlikely, if you had braces then the movement has already happened, the gap is there to stay I'm afraid, it will have been reduced though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending