The Student Room Group

Appeal Letter for Grade Remark

I am in the process of writing an appeal letter for a grade remark. I feel that my grade was somewhat lower than I expected.

Is there any advice you can give me for this, I've never wrote one before but the basis of my argument is mainly on the lecturer’s judgment. Can I justify a grade remark on the basis that I feel I have received a low grade only, or do I need further "ammunition" to sway their decision.

If anyone has in the past asked for a grade remark that has been successful or unsuccessful I’d be very happy to hear your comments.

P.S Just so you know, this is for one of my main projects at university (Undergraduate level). Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
playaz
I am in the process of writing an appeal letter for a grade remark. I feel that my grade was somewhat lower than I expected.

Is there any advice you can give me for this, I've never wrote one before but the basis of my argument is mainly on the lecturer’s judgment. Can I justify a grade remark on the basis that I feel I have received a low grade only, or do I need further "ammunition" to sway their decision.

If anyone has in the past asked for a grade remark that has been successful or unsuccessful I’d be very happy to hear your comments.

P.S Just so you know, this is for one of my main projects at university (Undergraduate level). Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Check your University Regulations, I know that the only basis we are able to make appeal regarding exam / assessed materials work on, are proceedural errors - proceedures that we never get to see.

The only other way you could possibly suggest grounds for an appeal is that you have seen other work of a similar standard to your own, which recieved a substantially higher mark than your own.

Make sure though that you check the regulations in your Student Handbook (or equivalent publication) that you will have been given at some stage, which will outline what rights you have, and the method / grounds for any appeal.