Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are working mothers more deserving of respect?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Not necessarily but I am impressed by those who manage to successfully juggle both a career and caring responsibilities.

My gut reaction was that working mothers deserve more respect, but then I realized that would be giving stay-at-home parents less respect, and that's just not right. I respect any mother who makes decisions she believes are best for her child(ren). Not every mom can take time off of work, but the moms who take some time off to bond with their children certainly don't deserve any less respect! And we can't fault people who put their families over their careers - that's incredibly admirable.

(Original post by Trapz99)
    No, I think all mothers that take good care of their children should deserve equal respect
    I said they have my respect in one sense, not they are worthy of greater respect.* On the whole I would prefer the mother of my children to (mostly) stay at home, at least during their infancy, were I at work and in the absence of a surrogate female family member around to play mom

So, you all talk about how wonderful working mums are. But what about working dads? They look after their children too.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.