The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Physicist wanting to move to Aero Eng!!

Hi everyone. I'm currently holding an offer of **A at imperial for physics. I now really want to move across to Aeronautical Engineering, but I'm concerned I might get there and not be able to move across. Has anyone got any experience of moving between stem subjects at Imperial? I'd really appreciate any experiences on this. Thanks in advance!
Hello, I am currently down for physics too and I am in a similar position, although undecided between aeronautical/mechanical and also whether I should actually try and change from physics or not.
What are your reasons for wanting to switch?
I don't know of anyone who has switched courses at imperial but i think that the earlier you let them know the easier/more likely it will be we'd be able to.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
If you're considering switching, ask now to see what their policy is and see what they say. My gut feeling is that physics to aero is possible, but it wouldn't be okay the other way around.

I wouldn't hold your breath, though.

Original post by Beta1998
any experience of moving between stem subjects at Imperial?

They're all STEM subjects, haha.
Might be difficult, Aero grew a lot in a last few years and I don't think they would readily accept someone transferring given that they seem to be already struggling a bit with the student/staff ratio. There is no harm in trying though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending