The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I did Edexecel French listening and reading on friday. (Has 12 hours passed yet?)
I thought overall it was good, the listening was the hardest out of the two, but it wasn't the hardest I've ever done.
But the reading went well I thought, I liked the percentage question one and the party one at the end. :biggrin:
What did you think?
Reply 2
Yr it been more like 24 hours!!!

I found both French reading and listening reli Hard ill be suprised if i got more that half the papers right
about the german question ,, is that the fair question on the listenin ?
Reply 4
The German paper's were well easy. The first question on the listening was the hardest. I'm not sure which bit the topic started is aiming at, but as I spent most of my time on the first question, of the Listening. I gather it was that. OIt was no different from any past papers... The french format was changed i hear. But not the german :>.

Wish you all luck even though you found it hard...:/
JamesssG
The German paper's were well easy. The first question on the listening was the hardest. I'm not sure which bit the topic started is aiming at, but as I spent most of my time on the first question, of the Listening. I gather it was that. OIt was no different from any past papers... The french format was changed i hear. But not the german :>.

Wish you all luck even though you found it hard...:/

thanks ! im hoping my oral and coursework will make up for it !

i fort the last 2 questions on the listening were really hard and the reading some of them were difficult as well ,, it wasnt solid like there were some reli simple questions but there was ALOT of vocab we hadnt covered,, but i guess thats what they test you on ,, picking out words you do know and guessing basically !

hope you get the grade you want !
Reply 6
I found the French reading and listening quite easy, english one was hard but still reckon I probably got half marks on it.

For the percentage one, did you say the "boisson froid" was the milk or the fruit juice?
i think it meant cafe au lait , which is a hot drink ,, because didnt it say coffe and then au lait??

as in a milky coffe ,,, i put just for the fruit juice
Reply 8
Kt.b
I found the French reading and listening quite easy, english one was hard but still reckon I probably got half marks on it.

For the percentage one, did you say the "boisson froid" was the milk or the fruit juice?

Yeah I was confused about the boisson froid one, but I put down the fruit juice percentage because the milk was relating to milk and coffee (cafe au lait) so it must be the fruit juice.
Reply 9
hey
thoght the french exam was quit easy, for the "boisson Froid" I put it as orange juice because i'm sure it said hot milk.
Reply 10
Well hmmm.

Put milk as clearly know nothing about French culture....

ah well, only one mark.
Reply 11
wasn't it fruit juice???
I thought french reading was OK but that listening was quite hard. even my teachers said the french listening was very challenging
Reply 13
rye225
wasn't it fruit juice???

yeah it was.

me personally would never have milk cold but I obviously didnt read extract properly :s-smilie:

And last question, what was the advice about decorating?

I put don't spend too much on decoration or something like that?
Reply 14
Dont spend too much on decoration
Label CDS
Get a large hall
Theme of the party

Thats what I got..and one last one about shopping with parents..
Reply 15
RdotR
Dont spend too much on decoration
Label CDS
Get a large hall
Theme of the party

Thats what I got..and one last one about shopping with parents..

Yeah that's what I got, reasons were a bit rubbish for the decorating and parents though.

But I'm just gonna stop thinking about it now, can't change it :cool:
Reply 16
Yeah my reasons were rubbish as well, yep so am I. Whats done is done :smile:!
Reply 17
Did anyone who did the german find the bedroom question difficult- i didnt know where the chair went...
I found listening harder than reading and I missed out this listening question, because I thought it was in two parts it was about this school! Darn I bet I flopped. Good Luck though
lfcr4me2
Did anyone who did the german find the bedroom question difficult- i didnt know where the chair went...

the chair didnt go any where

i think they were trying to trick us out , there was a small box where it should have been ,, but there wasnt a number on the box...

i think anyway but seen as i think i messed it up ,, its probs best not 2 listen 2 me !!!

Latest