The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i did both these!! german listening was rather good i thought and the reading - what??? the last q was SO ambiguous how on earth are you meant to get the 'overall opinion' right? ugh. french was okkkk ish. hmm didnt get last q on french listening and the party thing on the reading - what??? it was a silly q. and also the one about larusso - how on earth do you describe what her personality was? and i couldnt remember what bavarde meant. how annoying. but hey. its over now!!!!
yesiambored
the chair didnt go any where

i think they were trying to trick us out , there was a small box where it should have been ,, but there wasnt a number on the box...

i think anyway but seen as i think i messed it up ,, its probs best not 2 listen 2 me !!!

Yeah you are right the chair didn't go anywhere.
Reply 22
I put Larusso was sensible because she respected her fans...oopsies, should have been insincere...I also put something about making the atmosphere more intimate on the last one! :s-smilie: Oh dear...and the last listening question was quite difficult...

But thankfully I remembered cafe au lait was milky coffee, because I had a booklet to revise from with cafe creme in it and kept thinking, 'wow, that's odd - I'm sure it's cafe au lait' :P that was just lucky...

Oh well...if I do bad, I'll retake, but I'm hoping speaking and coursework will pull it up. :smile:
Reply 23
JamesssG
The German paper's were well easy. The first question on the listening was the hardest. I'm not sure which bit the topic started is aiming at, but as I spent most of my time on the first question, of the Listening. I gather it was that. OIt was no different from any past papers... The french format was changed i hear. But not the german :>.

Wish you all luck even though you found it hard...:/

Yeah, the format changed quite a bit. It was a bit confusing to handle the table questions, and a bit ironic that I'd focussed on those 'which one did they pick and why?' and the 'for, against, middle' questions in preparation....And they didn't turn up. :biggrin:
Reply 24
I thought in general the German was much easier compared with the French, however thats probably because my German is soo much better than my French.
Reply 25
I do edexcel italian (off topic but oh well!)
And found it harder than french.
Reply 26
:smile: Then I'm very glad I don't do Italian, just German next year!
Reply 27
I did Edexcel German Foundation tier, I guess every single question, I'm that bad, that I don't even bother revising, One more exam left, the writing one.
Reply 28
Oooh, you see, I'm lucky. I'm doing AQA German next year though, but still, both languages - coursework *kerching!*
Reply 29
i still hav to do my german and french reading....german tomorow and french on friday....can any1 giv any help?

Latest