The Student Room Group

He gave me his number when i never asked for it.

So a guy private messaged me after i posted a thread about how depressed i was.

We then started talking casually about what subjects we do and what we like etc.

He then asked if i have whatsapp which i replied "yes but my phone is currently not working and needs fixing" which is 100% true.

He then replied back " have my number though"

I don't know how/what to reply as i never asked for his number in the first place and even if my phone was working, i would not have added him in my contact list as i am not keen on taking phone numbers off strangers. I mean he could be a paedophile and not who he said he is.
No thank you.
'Sorry, I don't feel comfortable with that' and leave it/block him.
Original post by Anonymous

We then started talking casually about what subjects we do and what we like etc.

He then asked if i have whatsapp which i replied "yes but my phone is currently not working and needs fixing" which is 100% true.

I don't know how/what to reply as i never asked for his number in the first place and even if my phone was working, i would not have added him in my contact list as i am not keen on taking phone numbers off strangers. I mean he could be a paedophile and not who he said he is.

There are quite a few guys like that on here. If you don't feel comfortable then of course don't pursue this any further. You can add him to your ignore list at the link below so he won't be able to PM you any more (but can still see your posts). If you really feel the need to message back and want to stay in touch, just say that you're sorry and don't want to seem rude but that you fundamentally don't share your personal contact details with anyone on TSR, and that you are happy to continue messaging here, but it has to be under the understanding that you won't be communicating via WhatsApp/Snapchat/text at any point in the future. Depending how he reacts to this, you could still add him to the ignore list.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=ignorelist
Man you could jusy replying back to him and move on with your life :biggrin:
Change the subject or stop replying..

Just be honest and say you are not comfortable with having his number, you don't have to add his number anyway.

I would block him
just because he's given you his number doesn't mean he's creep gosh
you don't even need to store it
Iv'e often asked for my own number after i couldn't remember it.
I think he will see this thread and your problem will be solved :rofl:
I wonder who it was... :colonhash:
Reply 12
hey just... don't text him?
You would think he's assaulted her. he hasnt done anything wrong imo , so no idea why you are getting all upset. It's just a phone number for goodness sake.

If you dont want it just bin it, but blocking and calling him a creep is bit over the top.

Now a threads been made about him and paedophile has been mentioned, then am sure he gets the message.
(edited 7 years ago)
If your not interested tell him to pis off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending