The Student Room Group

Girls , when did you start wearing make up?

Scroll to see replies

girls who wear makeup use it to cover up their ugliness
Year 6, but only a tiny bit then :biggrin:

Assuming you mean when did I start wearing it as a daily routine?...
For special occasions it was probably more like from the age of 8ish
Posted from TSR Mobile
About 13.
18/19 round about then

Can't remember exactly
Started with basics like mascara and lipgloss when I was 14. Now I'm 17 I mainly wear mascara, tinted lip balm, concealer and I do my brows
i don't :colondollar:
Since I was 9 for special occasions, but never wore it at school. I don't wear make up everyday, and the days I do it's just foundation and lipstick.
Reply 27
16, i wear mascara and a bb cream on special occasions XD
Reply 28
about a year ago maybe, two years ago?
I was 12-13 I guess. When I was in my mid-teens I used to wear makeup everyday, but now I'm 18 and I only apply some BB cream sometimes :biggrin: Times change
I started when i was about 13/14 and wore it for a couple of years but then stopped and haven't worn any for 10 years now and don't plan to anytime in the future. I think it is horrible stuff that is promoted to make people feel insecure about them self and hide who they really are, people are much more beautiful natural!
last year
Reply 32
in year 10 i started wearing mascara and eye pencil :h:
I first started using basic makeup (mascara, concealer) at around 13 I think, but stuff like contour, highlight and proper eye shadow started when I was around 14/15. I actually was quite late to doing eyebrows ngl and it took practice before i actually knew what I was doing.
Original post by Stehwa
Just curious.

I was 13 (just going into year 8) when I started wearing make up. I wore brown eye liner, a little mascara, eye shadow and a clear lip gloss. I'm now 16 (nearly 17) and still wear make up nearly every day. I now wear mascara, black eye liner, 2 lots of eye shadow (lid and crease), lip stick, concealer and powder.
About 13
I started to get spots at about fourteen so I started to wear foundation then :-) I had worn lip gloss and eyeshadow occasionally before, but that was just on special nights out or playing super models.
About thirteen. I used to wear way too much. Now I very rarely put make up on.
Original post by PinaColadaLover
There's 'makeup' and there's 'MAKEUP!'

'makeup' being things like eyeliner, lipgloss and mascara and I think most girls usually start this around 12,13,14.

'MAKEUP!' being concealer, foundation, powders, blush, contours, filling in eyebrows and highlighting. Some girls don't use all that and use little to none but for those that do I'd say around 16,17,18.

This is what I observed with my friends and I but its not a written rule. Some people start earlier some later, it depends on a lot of things. Your social groups (if your girlfriends do it you might want to also) and where you live. People generally wear more makeup in Urban places. Someone living in a farm will most probably wear less makeup than someone living in New York.

But that's just my opinion...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totally agree with this! Started around 12 wearing the littlest bit. This progressed to wearing foundation, typical foundation lips and crappy eyebrows filled in.

Then as I got older I got more into makeup and now I'm big into it and have so many steps when I go on a night out.
I agree, I started using the odd bit of lip gloss and eyeshadow in mid-secondary school but have only started using foundation, blusher and mascara majorly at age 19.
Original post by PinaColadaLover
There's 'makeup' and there's 'MAKEUP!'

'makeup' being things like eyeliner, lipgloss and mascara and I think most girls usually start this around 12,13,14.

'MAKEUP!' being concealer, foundation, powders, blush, contours, filling in eyebrows and highlighting. Some girls don't use all that and use little to none but for those that do I'd say around 16,17,18.

This is what I observed with my friends and I but its not a written rule. Some people start earlier some later, it depends on a lot of things. Your social groups (if your girlfriends do it you might want to also) and where you live. People generally wear more makeup in Urban places. Someone living in a farm will most probably wear less makeup than someone living in New York.

But that's just my opinion...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending