The Student Room Group

Girls , when did you start wearing make up?

Scroll to see replies

17 I usually only wear foundation though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NiamhM1801
11/12 I think but i was a disgusting bright orange year 7 so I like to think it doesn't count lmao
I stopped wearing it for a bit but last year (15) I started wearing it again because it made me feel better about my terrible skin, and I still wear it now (16)
I only wear foundation and powder though as I'm really bad at makeup! (At least I can admit it now though, I cringe every day when I think back to the naivety of year 7 me :redface:)

EDIT: omfg how could i forget the famous year 9 emo phase where I wore really wonky eyeliner and thought I was edgy oh noooo

OMG I hate it when you are older and realise how bad you were at makeup when you were younger! It makes me cringe...

Spoiler

I started wearing makeup at 13, in yr 9. I never wear eye makeup to school though.
I started using foundation when I was 16/17, on and off at first, and then every day. Now I use it when I feel like it, but not everyday.
I've never worn makeup unless it's a REALLY important occasion, and I've put makeup on a few times for that sort of stuff since I was around 12.
I used to dance so had to wear make-up for shows and stuff, so probably about 7 in that situation. I started experimenting with eye and face make-up when I was about 9/10, and have worn every day since about 14. I'm 18 now and generally just stick to eye make-up, but that's more because I'm pale as a sheet and I can't for the life of me find a decent foundation that matches my shade, is full coverage, and works for dry skin lol
I'm 17 and I've just started wearing bb cream, contour, mascara and lipgloss

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I was about 12, though I didn't know how to use anything and only had powder. Now, I only wear makeup if i'm going out somewhere big but I had a couple o years where I would swear by wearing makeup every single day
I was 12 then if I'm not mistaken.
About 12 to school discos and stuff, and about 14 on a daily basis*
When I was about 13, I really started to get into eyeshadow and lipgloss.
Reply 92
About 14. I just love make up. Trying to apply not so much though :smile:
Original post by Stehwa
Just curious.

19, just a few months ago actually lol

I never enjoyed applying it, talking about it, or the feel of it on my face
Recently I splashed out for an ID photo cos I had acne though it's gone now, I still wear it cos I enjoyed the process and when I do it myself I can't feel anything except my mascara a little
I started when I was in year 7. But I did wear makeup here and there before e.g. my year 6 leavers dinner ^.^ used to be just concealer, then it was mascara and concealer. Now my everyday makeup look is concealer, contour powder (just to add a little colour- nothing IMMENSE) mascara, powder to set the concealer ^.^.
I think when I was in like year 8 and then just thought this is a rip off and I look better without it, so now at 18 I don't own any makeup haha
When I was 14
I first started wearing makeup when I was about 13. At one point I went through a phase of wearing way too much eye makeup & massive false lashes. I really cut down on how much makeup I wore after I started wearing glasses- any mistakes I made looked really obvious & it was so annoying feeling my lashes constantly brushing against my lenses plus I could actually see how over the top my eye makeup looked. After this I started trying *out different styles from makeup tutorials on YouTube & managed to find a few looks I really liked & have stuck with since then.
I don't wear much makeup, but I occasionally wear foundation but not on a regular basis, and lip gloss, and mascara, but that's it really. :biggrin:
I think I was about 12 or 13, but recently started wearing less. I only do concealer, brows, contour (just a bit of bronzer and highlight to stop my face looking so round) and mascara most days but used to do foundation and blush too.
I still wear a lot I guess but it's less.

Quick Reply

Latest