The Student Room Group

Girls , when did you start wearing make up?

Just curious.

Scroll to see replies

I was fabulous from birth, no need for makeup.
15 then stopped at 17
I think I was about 14 and started off with just mascara and a bit of powder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Started wearing mascara when I was 16
I have never wore makeup 🙌🏼 :biggrin:
Only wore it in year 6 for my end of leavers show.
12 or 13 :smile:
Reply 7
began with a *very* small amount of eyeliner on my bottom line in y7 and it grew and grew and then fluctuated at about 15
I started wearing it for a period of time at the beginning of secondary school if i remember rightly, and then i stopped for a few years. Then i think i got back in to it during the first year of A levels and have worn it ever since although some days i dont wear any. But it is rare.
There's 'makeup' and there's 'MAKEUP!'

'makeup' being things like eyeliner, lipgloss and mascara and I think most girls usually start this around 12,13,14.

'MAKEUP!' being concealer, foundation, powders, blush, contours, filling in eyebrows and highlighting. Some girls don't use all that and use little to none but for those that do I'd say around 16,17,18.

This is what I observed with my friends and I but its not a written rule. Some people start earlier some later, it depends on a lot of things. Your social groups (if your girlfriends do it you might want to also) and where you live. People generally wear more makeup in Urban places. Someone living in a farm will most probably wear less makeup than someone living in New York.

But that's just my opinion...

Posted from TSR Mobile
12 years old when I shaved my brows off accidentally and needed mascara and brow pencil to fill them. My mom I think let me use some lipstick.
11/12 I think but i was a disgusting bright orange year 7 so I like to think it doesn't count lmao
I stopped wearing it for a bit but last year (15) I started wearing it again because it made me feel better about my terrible skin, and I still wear it now (16)
I only wear foundation and powder though as I'm really bad at makeup! (At least I can admit it now though, I cringe every day when I think back to the naivety of year 7 me :redface:)

EDIT: omfg how could i forget the famous year 9 emo phase where I wore really wonky eyeliner and thought I was edgy oh noooo
(edited 7 years ago)
still dont wear make up and im 19. although i do wear bottom eye liner but very rarely so if that counts then 16 i think lol
Reply 13
I don't really use make-up all that much. I only wear blusher and lip gloss which I started wearing when I was 12 and just entering Year 7. Most girls in my school started off wearing light make-up in Year 7 and 8 but by Year 9, they started really plastering it on.
13 but don't wear make up every day. It is bad for my skin if I consistently do wear it
I don't actually wear makeup :redface:

Spoiler

about 12 13 but only on odd occasions then more often from about 14
12/13 - oddly enough I wear less make-up now than I did in my teens...
Reply 18
I wore little makeup when I was little whenever I had a dance performance. I atually started putting makeup (at times at school) when I was in year 10
Reply 19
nope never used makeup and don't intend to

Quick Reply

Latest