The Student Room Group

How much approx for dentist to fix chipped tooth, oh, and can any dentist do it ?

I have a chipped tooth and I think it happened about 12 years ago after being hit by a car.
It has only began to bother me more recently and I just wondered

A - How much approximately will it cost for a dentist to repair my chipped tooth ?

B- Can I consult any dentist to do the work or must it be the dentist with whom I am registered with ??

thanks
Original post by Rabbitlovers
I have a chipped tooth and I think it happened about 12 years ago after being hit by a car.
It has only began to bother me more recently and I just wondered

A - How much approximately will it cost for a dentist to repair my chipped tooth ?

B- Can I consult any dentist to do the work or must it be the dentist with whom I am registered with ??

thanks

You d have to be registered there, I think any dentist can put veneers on a tooth but if you want it fixed in another way then you might want to see a cosmetic dentist.
Reply 2
it would depend on how chipped your tooth is and what would need to be done to fix it. you could go down the white filling route (if it is a front tooth. i dont recommend white fillings for back teeth) which would probably be cheaper or alternatively have a crown or something similar which would be more expensive

Quick Reply

Latest