The Student Room Group

IGCSE English Language 2016 exam

Hey guys,
So I really screwed up this exam. But mainly question 1. I stupidly let the stress get to me and wrote the letter to the hotel manager rather than to a friend. Have I lost all 20 marks? Thanks.
Reply 1
You'd lose a few marks but as long as the information is still there in a letter form then you should still get marks for it.
Reply 2
Naa man was this core?
Reply 3
Original post by Drewwww
Hey guys,
So I really screwed up this exam. But mainly question 1. I stupidly let the stress get to me and wrote the letter to the hotel manager rather than to a friend. Have I lost all 20 marks? Thanks.

Was it supposed to be to a friend? I thought it was a letter to the manager starting with 'dear friend' ****...I might have screwed up too
Reply 4
Original post by Drewwww
Hey guys,

If the points are correct then you should be able to pick up marks but you'll get marked down for structure which is worth 5 marks only.
Reply 5
Original post by 15demon
Did anyone get the passage about Ms Salmon and the false fire alarm?

I did!
Original post by Drewwww
Hey guys,

You should still get the same mark out of 15 but a lower mark out of 5. Hope this helps...
Original post by 15demon
Did anyone get the passage about Ms Salmon and the false fire alarm?

Nope..
Reply 8
Original post by 15demon
When did you realize the fact that Ms Salmon herself false rung the alarm? X'D

At the beginning. The thing is, though, the passage was really ambiguous, so I don't even know if she rung it or not. Nevertheless, as long as we justify our answer, hopefully we'll get the mark.

Did you say that she rung the alarm or no?
For the extended paper, in question 1 I began the letter how they said that I should hit I didn't include an address from the sender and who it is being sent to (made up). Is this going to make me lose lots of marks? T_T

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending