The Student Room Group

Resitting Year 12?

I've asked to resit year 12 as I took AS Chemistry and Biology and I no longer want to study science. Does anyone have any experience applying to uni with a resit year and if so how did it affect your application/interviews/offers? I'm hoping to study German with some form of Media Studies.

Edit: I'm also not completely resitting. I'm supposed to be taking A2 German, A2 General Studies, AS Media, AS Eng. Lang./Government and Politics/Drama, and then taking the last two to A2 the year after and picking up another AS :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by aleishans
I've asked to resit year 12 as I took AS Chemistry and Biology and I no longer want to study science. Does anyone have any experience applying to uni with a resit year and if so how did it affect your application/interviews/offers? I'm hoping to study German with some form of Media Studies.

Haha it definitely won't cos you're changing courses! And even if you weren't it wouldn't matter too much

Good luck tho

Edit: I'm also not completely resitting. I'm supposed to be taking A2 German, A2 General Studies, AS Media, AS Eng. Lang./Government and Politics/Drama, and then taking the last two to A2 the year after and picking up another AS :smile:

My mate did an extra year and got all his offers from RG unis including Manchester so it should be fine!
Reply 3
Original post by Lychee627
My mate did an extra year and got all his offers from RG unis including Manchester so it should be fine!

What RG uni's did he get into?

I am retaking year 12, and still will probably apply to Oxbridge if I get the grades on Results day. I feel like I only have like a 5% chance but its a chance I am willing to take for many reasons.

I know for other unis resitting is fine unless you are doing Medicine/Dentistry?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending