Questions I remember
Race is not important 12 marks
War is never good 12 marks
Religion is the best guide to ethics 12 marks
Name the 3 aims of punishment that a prison sentence does
How are roles of women affected in society
What reasons would Christians not accepted for an abortion
Does anyone else remember any?

How do teachings in the bible cause Christians to fight social injustice (6)

Wasn't there a six marker in equality like 'how does the bible teach us about equality between men and women'?
Original post by jaskomal
how did everyone find the exam!

Good thanks! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did we need to describe/give definitions for the 3 aims of punishment?

I did to be same, but I don't actually think you needed to! Which 3 did you give?
I gave deterrent, retribution and protection, would that get them?
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
You know how There is 3 marks for SPAG, is that for each question (eg. Medical ethics & human relationships) or overall please? Thank you, sorry for all the questions!!

3 marks on ethics 1 and 3 marks on ethics 2, so they are both out of 51 (total 102). However the SPaG marks are based on the 12 markers that are done for each paper
Original post by MaxTheMonkey
I found the e part medical ethics difficult: 'religion is the best way to learn medical ethics' or something. What did people put for this?

wasn't it the best guide or something
I put stuff about using our conscience to determine our actions, not just going with bible's teachings
I gave an atheists viewpoint which kinda agreed with that one
Personal viewpoint - Its not always the best guide, etc
You know how There is 3 marks for SPAG, is that for each question (eg. Medical ethics & human relationships) or overall please? Thank you, sorry for all the questions!!

No its overall, the paper is out of 51
[QUOTE="MaxTheMonkey;64843543"]3 marks on ethics 1 and 3 marks on ethics 2, so they are both out of 51 (total 102). However the SPaG marks are based on the 12 markers that are done for each paper[/QUOTE

Okay! Thank you!
I did to be same, but I don't actually think you needed to! Which 3 did you give?

Yeah that's exactly what I put. That's definitely 3 marks!
Original post by HouseOfRichman
Good thanks! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was good! The question about societies affect on role of women through me off a bit..what did you write for this?
wasn't it the best guide or something
I put stuff about using our conscience to determine our actions, not just going with bible's teachings
I gave an atheists viewpoint which kinda agreed with that one
Personal viewpoint - Its not always the best guide, etc

I mentioned Euthanasia, Abortion and Suicide on one side as that relates to death, and fertility treatment on another. With evidence of course!

I did too just in case. I gave deterrent, reformation and retribution. Yeah you would!
does anyone have any detailed revision notes for philosophy? I want to compare mine and see if I'm on the right track
How can we get papers from today's exam?
did anyone else NOT leave 2 lines in between each question part (in between a and b, b and c etc)?? I left 1 line between each one and I left 2 in between each full question. I've asked a teacher at my school and they said not to worry but I can't help doing. Did anyone else do this and do you think i would be okay?
human relationships was easiest, equality the hardest. Anyone else think that too?
Original post by jazz_xox_
did anyone else NOT leave 2 lines in between each question part (in between a and b, b and c etc)?? I left 1 line between each one and I left 2 in between each full question. I've asked a teacher at my school and they said not to worry but I can't help doing. Did anyone else do this and do you think i would be okay?

I didn't leave any blank lines, not even 1. But, in my defence, the invigilators did not read that out, so I am pretty sure not many people did. I think that as long as it is clear which answer is part of which question, then it is fine.
Original post by EmmaC_
Yeah I'd say that would get you 2 marks.
Do you think:
The foetus is the wrong gender
The foetus is handicapped
Would be alright?

I put about the woman changing her mind or because she was past a certain point in pregnancy.
I think it went ok actually, I did the questions I wanted to but did anyone else find the 12 markers a bit odd?
It was good! The question about societies affect on role of women through me off a bit..what did you write for this?

This threw me off too.
I ended up writing something like "Many people in society view women in a stereotypical way in which they should stay at home, cook, clean, and look after their children which some believe makes them inferior to men. However, this isn't so much the case in modern society as they are seen more equal." Do you think this would get the marks?
I wrote about:

Conscience
Science
How is give us good advice for example equality
How the bible contradicts itself
But I don't know if I would get any marks for any of these...

New to the thread so hi everyone! I cant remember all my points but did (christianity)
FOR
- religion provides morals to help with judgements ('love thy neighbour')
- religion helps us to do the right thing and so get into heaven ('I am the way and the truth and the light')
- something else I cant remember
AGAINST
- a better guide to medical ethics would come from those with medical training
- religious views can sometimes be restrictive when dealing with patients
- something else I cant remember

Do people think those would be ok???
Original post by jazz_xox_

I didn't even leave two between each full question... I think as long as it was clearly numbered it should be ok. At least I hope so!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending