The Student Room Group

MSc Data Science, Sheffield vs Royal Holloway

Hi All,

I have an admit from University of Sheffield and Royal Holloway for Masters in Data Science. I am very confused as to which one to choose between the two.
The course in Sheffield is offered by their Social Science and Information school and involves a few modules that are less technical.
Data Science at Royal Holloway is offered by Computer Science department and covers only the technical aspects of the framework of Data Science.
What makes me not leave the Sheffield option is the University ranking the highly ranked research quality of Sheffield.
But the course at Royal Holloway is more aligned to what I need.
Any thoughts??

PS - I am from India and will be joining as an international student
Thanks,
Simran Jeet Singh
Original post by singhsimran39
Hi All,

I have an admit from University of Sheffield and Royal Holloway for Masters in Data Science. I am very confused as to which one to choose between the two.
The course in Sheffield is offered by their Social Science and Information school and involves a few modules that are less technical.
Data Science at Royal Holloway is offered by Computer Science department and covers only the technical aspects of the framework of Data Science.
What makes me not leave the Sheffield option is the University ranking the highly ranked research quality of Sheffield.
But the course at Royal Holloway is more aligned to what I need.
Any thoughts??

PS - I am from India and will be joining as an international student
Thanks,
Simran Jeet Singh

Hi Simran,

Glad to hear that you are interested in studying at Royal Holloway.

I know it can be difficult to decide between two similar courses at different universities. There are lots of deciding factors you might want to think about in regards to the Universities themselves, such as location, university size, reputation, research excellence etc. At Royal Holloway, students studying in the Department of Computer Science particularly benefit from our close proximity to London.

In terms of the course itself, generally employers are interested in what the student has learnt so you should choose the degree according to the kind of career you want. Our Department of Computer Science offers the opportunity to do a one-year paid internship, which can go a long way to helping with future career prospects.

If you'd like to speak to us directly, we're actually in several cities across India until 6th June. If you'd like to make an appointment with us, either in person or via skype, you can see our schedule & location (along with the contact details for each representative) here.

Let me know if you've got any questions!

Camilla :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks for the reply Camilla.
Yes I am meeting Niall this Sunday in Mumbai.
Hope I am able to make a decision in the next few days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending