The Student Room Group

English Language Petition

For those of you who think that the grade boundaries should be lowered, post "DOWN" now!
No, the grade boundaries are sufficient already and I believe CIE are being very generous.

You shouldn't use the grade boundaries as an excuse because you didn't revise or read the question properly. That's on anyone who feels the grade boundaries should be lowered because of their own mistakes

69% Is very achievable... I mean come on.. Most GCSE boards have the A* marks at 80-85%

But in any case I'd appreciate an easier A* DOWN!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by JustAnotherDude
No, the grade boundaries are sufficient already and I believe CIE are being very generous.

You shouldn't use the grade boundaries as an excuse because you didn't revise or read the question properly. That's on anyone who feels the grade boundaries should be lowered because of their own mistakes

69% Is very achievable... I mean come on.. Most GCSE boards have the A* marks at 80-85%

well...its a matter of opinion......
DOWN
Reply 5
Original post by JustAnotherDude

Exactly! An A* is supposed to symbolise an exceptional performance - and reflect one's effort and skill. If the grade boundaries are lowered, and the grades and subsequently simply dished out, then isn't the true value of the grade simply lost?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending