The Student Room Group

What happens if I don't achieve firm university grades?

Let's say that I don't achieve the grades that the University I've firmed asks but I achieve the ones my insurance has asked.
Do I then get automatically into my insurance or can I reject their offer and apply again for clearing in hope I may be accepted from the University I initially put as firm?:confused::confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by constantina98
Let's say that I don't achieve the grades that the University I've firmed asks but I achieve the ones my insurance has asked.
Do I then get automatically into my insurance or can I reject their offer and apply again for clearing in hope I may be accepted from the University I initially put as firm?:confused::confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your firm and insurance choice get your results a few days before, so by that point they would have either decided to take you anyway, offer you a different course or if it comes up as unsuccessful then its a no means no i m afraid. You would then automatically get into your insurance which you can ask to be released into clearing but your firm wouldn't consider you for a place in that situation unless it was for a different course really.
Original post by claireestelle
Your firm and insurance choice get your results a few days before, so by that point they would have either decided to take you anyway, offer you a different course or if it comes up as unsuccessful then its a no means no i m afraid. You would then automatically get into your insurance which you can ask to be released into clearing but your firm wouldn't consider you for a place in that situation unless it was for a different course really.

1)thanks so much:smile:
2) As I am an international student and I don't really know how the whole system works: generally can you get into a university that is ranked as high as your firm was by clearing? To put it in a nutshell, do universities in clearing offer positions with lower entry requirements or do they keep the same?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by constantina98
1)thanks so much:smile:
2) As I am an international student and I don't really know how the whole system works: generally can you get into a university that is ranked as high as your firm was by clearing? To put it in a nutshell, do universities in clearing offer positions with lower entry requirements or do they keep the same?
Posted from TSR Mobile

It honestly varies year to year and many courses don't lower their entry requirements in clearing especially if its a popular course, i think the lowest drop i saw last year was by 2 grades in clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending