The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

MA Critical Methodologies?

Hi I'm looking at the Critical Methodologies MA at the department of french and I am wondering if anyone has information about it? Like how it compares to other similar MAs -- strenghts and weaknesses -- and what students seem to think of it.
Any info would be very helpful, even if you haven't studied it yourself :smile:
Thanks!
Hi, I'm at King's at the moment, actually on the French Literature and Culture MA rather than Critical Methodologies, but we share the core module on theory (all in English!) and choose from pretty much the same other options, so there's a lot in common. I can really recommend it. It seems like there's a lot of contact and support - 3 two hour seminars a week, and the lecturers are really available to talk outside of that as well. The range of modules to choose from is good as well. Even though I do French, I've done a couple of modules from other departments, and I think that if you do Critical Methodologies you can choose from pretty much anything. That makes a good combination with the core module, which is basically an overview of key theorists from mid c20 to now. Only thing is it's quite a big course - the core seminars are about 20 people, which can make it difficult. But it also means there's likely to be people who share your interests. So overall I would definitely it's a good one!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest