The Student Room Group

Possible to work whilst doing a full-time PGDip?

Recently I've received the news that the post-graduate course I want to do in guidance involves doing a PGDip THEN progressing onto doing a Masters if I am successful. This means that I won't be eligible for the postgraduate loan. So I am hoping to save the tuition fee over the next year (a gapyear) but I will have to work whilst I am studying to be able to pay for petrol as I will be commuting around 3-4 hours twice a week. Does anyone have any experience of working whilst they study a postgraduate fulltime?
Have you considered studying part time? Full time study and work are difficult to balance especially if you need to work to stay afloat financially. It can be done if managed very carefully but you need to stay motivated and not burn yourself out.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Have you considered studying part time? Full time study and work are difficult to balance especially if you need to work to stay afloat financially. It can be done if managed very carefully but you need to stay motivated and not burn yourself out.

This.

Even part time study and full time work is hard enough to manage
Original post by SA-1
This.

Even part time study and full time work is hard enough to manage

I'm assuming you mean to quote the OP and don't actually have a question for me...
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
I'm assuming you mean to quote the OP and don't actually have a question for me...

You will never know..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending