The Student Room Group

Differential Equations:Useful??

Hi guys!
I'm sure some of you have been studying Differential equations at A-level and are wondering how they can be used after A-level.
As part of my university maths course I have created this video, to explain what they are used for and what you can study with them.

https://youtu.be/L7UW9pnKJP8

Hopefully it will help you understand their significance and maybe you'll consider studying them further in one the subjects mentioned.

If anyone has any feedback, please comment on here! Part of my assessment is evaluating my work, so comments from A-level students are very helpful, even if they are negative!

Thanks guys!
Good luck with the exams!
Reply 1
Original post by beth-jane

If anyone has any feedback, please comment on here! Part of my assessment is evaluating my work, so comments from A-level students are very helpful, even if they are negative!

Whilst it's not as rigorous as I'd have liked, I suppose I'm part of the minority so that doesn't matter. Otherwise, I thought it was an excellently presented video! The poster would most likely appeal to most people and is a really good way to sum up all the key information in one go. Perhaps some of the people watching the video would like to be able to download a (finished) version of the poster and print it out or just keep it on the computer as reference, in which case, taking a picture and converting it to PDF and/or OCR/scan format could be an idea, if you don't mind sharing those out, of course.

Oh - and perhaps you might like to keep the video fixed above whilst you're filming and then zoom in to sections of the poster that you're working on using software instead of doing so manually so as to remove the "shaking about" and make it more professional.

But otherwise, excellent; well done!
Reply 2
Original post by Zacken
Whilst it's not as rigorous as I'd have liked, I suppose I'm part of the minority so that doesn't matter. Otherwise, I thought it was an excellently presented video! The poster would most likely appeal to most people and is a really good way to sum up all the key information in one go. Perhaps some of the people watching the video would like to be able to download a (finished) version of the poster and print it out or just keep it on the computer as reference, in which case, taking a picture and converting it to PDF and/or OCR/scan format could be an idea, if you don't mind sharing those out, of course.

Oh - and perhaps you might like to keep the video fixed above whilst you're filming and then zoom in to sections of the poster that you're working on using software instead of doing so manually so as to remove the "shaking about" and make it more professional.

But otherwise, excellent; well done!

Thank you!
I was aiming to make it understandable to as many A-level students as possible, as I know a lot of sixth forms cannot offer further maths, so your comment on being rigorous is very understandable!
The concept is that the poster is available to be put up in sixth forms and colleges, with the video to add extra explanation, as I have added a QR code link on the poster. However, your idea of it being an individual student resource is interesting, so I might have a go at that too!
Thank you for the feedback! I'd definitely improve my camera skills for any future videos!
Reply 3
Original post by beth-jane
The concept is that the poster is available to be put up in sixth forms and colleges, with the video to add extra explanation, as I have added a QR code link on the poster. However, your idea of it being an individual student resource is interesting, so I might have a go at that too!

Oh, whoops! I didn't know that. Sorry. That's an awesome idea. :woo:

Thank you for the feedback! I'd definitely improve my camera skills for any future videos!

No worries, good luck with your assignment!

Quick Reply

Latest