The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham: Broadgate Park, St. Peter's Court or Raleigh?

Hi, I'm going to be based on the Jubilee Campus for my lectures but I'm somewhat leaning more towards Broadgate Park than Raleigh or SPC. Any opinions before I make a stupid mistake?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
What's your reasoning for choosing BGP? It's further away, more expensive and has **** internet.
Reply 3
Original post by milky228
What's your reasoning for choosing BGP? It's further away, more expensive and has **** internet.

A more diverse set of people, people doing different courses and people that differ greatly from one another. I feel as if Raleigh only has business students and nurses :/. Also the facilities (i.e. the gym) is a lot better. Furthermore, a feeling that you're more "involved".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it true that the students in Raleigh Park are mostly nurses or business students in Jubilee Campus? I am a bit worried now because I am on the main campus, but have applied to Raleigh Park.
Reply 5
Original post by ryanbuckenham
Is it true that the students in Raleigh Park are mostly nurses or business students in Jubilee Campus? I am a bit worried now because I am on the main campus, but have applied to Raleigh Park.

Apparently there's loads of different types of students from what I've heard so I chose it anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by nemanuel96
A more diverse set of people, people doing different courses and people that differ greatly from one another. I feel as if Raleigh only has business students and nurses :/. Also the facilities (i.e. the gym) is a lot better. Furthermore, a feeling that you're more "involved".

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assuming the new gym opens on time you're entirely correct about facilities, that place sounds awesome. Jubilee gym is fine though and you wont be gambling on that as it's already there. As for diversity, Raleigh seems to have less international students than other halls (I don't live there so I'm not 100% sure) but, judging from the people I know who live there it seems more varied than university park, I only know a couple of people from BGP so I can't really comment there. Wherever you go you will find a diverse set of people, far more diverse than wherever it is you are now.
Reply 7
Assuming the new gym opens on time you're entirely correct about facilities, that place sounds awesome. Jubilee gym is fine though and you wont be gambling on that as it's already there. As for diversity, Raleigh seems to have less international students than other halls (I don't live there so I'm not 100% sure) but, judging from the people I know who live there it seems more varied than university park, I only know a couple of people from BGP so I can't really comment there. Wherever you go you will find a diverse set of people, far more diverse than wherever it is you are now.

Hmmm... I've already made my 1st preference on Raleigh. Hopefully I don't regret it but I think most of my time spent away from lectures might be on UP which might be a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

Why does it feel as if I made such a bad decision? Do you think I can change my preferences?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ryanbuckenham

Not true at all! I know loads of people who live in Raleigh and none of them are nurses or business students lol...besides, Raleigh is HUGE so there's going to be a variety of people there either way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending