The Student Room Group

Help re progression

My daughter has one exam to go in a b.a degree her lecturer has emailed to say they want to meet with her in two weeks regarding her progression . She is upset and doesn't know what this means ? Can anyone help
I guess we can't help anymore than advising you to contact the tutor and ask for some reassurance/the reason why they want a meeting. I'd recommend doing that after her last exam though (if possible), otherwise it could really knock her confidence if the meeting is a negative one.

On the part of her tutor though, 2 weeks is quite a way away so it shouldn't be anything urgent...
Reply 2
Original post by Ela3008
My daughter has one exam to go in a b.a degree her lecturer has emailed to say they want to meet with her in two weeks regarding her progression . She is upset and doesn't know what this means ? Can anyone help

When is her last exam?

Does she have a student handbook that documents any formal processes and what to expect.

e.g. https://students.shu.ac.uk/shuspacecontent/my_course/i’ve-been-asked-attend-progression-meeting-faculty-involve
http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/sas2/assessments/results
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ela3008

it's not great it's likely she hasn't done too well at least what that guys link made it look like. She'll be given options which might look like this:

1) Attempt a resit or make up assignment capped at 40% in (subject).
2) Take an unverified degree (degree without honours).
3) resit the year retaking any failed units capped at 40%.

Or and this happens at very few unis she may be on the cusp of a first or some other grade and she will be offered a resit to achieve this other grade for instance if she has or is on track for a 2:1 but if she does a make up assignment or resit and gets a good grade she might get a first or what ever.

but no most likely she has failed a unit and steps need to be taken.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending