Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Visa application with financial assistance

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    I've gotten an offer from a University to study a postgraduate course in the UK. However, I haven't gotten any funding from any scholarships in my country. I've applied for some scholarships for international students in the UK, but I don't think i'd be successful.

    My boyfriend has agreed to pay for my tuition fees by taking out a bank loan, I'd also be staying with him in London. However, would the UK Gov accept that as finance for my student visa application, or do I need to have some money in my own bank account? So essentially, I'll be living with my boyfriend, who will be paying my tuition with a loan. If I apply for a visa with all the necessary proofs and sponsor letter from him, will that be ok?

    Any advice or help would be appreciated!

    Thank you so much!

    The guidance on what kind of financial support you can and cannot show and what evidence is required is pretty clear on the UKBA website. The uni should also have some guidance or someone you can talk to.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.