The Student Room Group

17 year old only gets 101 hours work unpaid after raping a 12 year old

I know it's from 2014 but I've only just come across this; what is wrong with the justice system in this country?

This is a disgrace!

Did anybody else know about this?

http://www.itv.com/news/border/update/2014-06-27/teenager-escapes-jail-for-raping-12-year-old/

Scroll to see replies

Disgusting, chop his nob off.
Original post by MildredMalone

A bit extreme but I certainly think he should have got more than a 101 hours of voluntary work. What kind of message is this sending to people? That it's acceptable to rape children?
Reply 3

You want to chop a child's nob off?
I'm guessing one of the Scandinavian countries like Norway or Sweden, maybe even Denmark ?

EDIT; Glasgow.......... that took me aback.

Not a lot of info, my guess is that it was rape by nature of age of consent?

Still should have went to prison, the judge sounds like a idiot for giving such a obviously unfitting sentence.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HanSoloLuck
I'm guessing one of the Scandinavian countries like Norway or Sweden, maybe even Denmark ?

Nope, right here in the UK. Scotland, to be more specific

:lolwut:
How ****ed up do you have to be to even consider doing that...
Original post by Quantex
Shocking but no surprise. The UK does have a fairly laid back attitude towards punishing sex offenders, with some sentences being just pathetic. There have been plenty of cases of people merely being issued with cautions, including for rape.

A caution for rape?
Link to such an example plz, I don't believe you...
Original post by HanSoloLuck

EDIT; Glasgow.......... that took me aback.

Not a lot of info, my guess is that it was rape by nature of age of consent?

Still should have went to prison, the judge sounds like a idiot for giving such a obviously unfitting sentence.

Apparently she told him she was 14, which still doesn't make it a lot better considering it's still legally paedophilia whichever way you look at it
Original post by Maths help
A caution for rape?
Link to such an example plz, I don't believe you...

I wish it wasn't true....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30550868

But the 14 year old gave consent, that's supposedly why the punishment was so lenient.
Reply 12
Of course the limited details are enough to know that the sentence was too lenient, but I would be interested to see more specifics on this.
Omg send them back to Syria- accepting all these refugees was a mistake they are all backwards and following Muhammad's example.

Oh, damn, he's white and British. Must be a mentally deranged lone wolf? :dontknow:
It might not have been pedophilia, this implies he wants to have sex with prepubescent children. Unless he openly admits such a thing, he can claim plausible deniability about here age making it rape. She also might have entered puberty........... listen, this conversation is making me uncomfortable, good day 'walks away from thread'.
Original post by Freudian Slit
Omg send them back to Syria- accepting all these refugees was a mistake they are all backwards and following Muhammad's example.

Oh, damn, he's white and British. Must be a mentally deranged lone wolf? :dontknow:

I wondered how long it would it be before anti-Islamophobia came into this
It's less anti-islamophobia and more anti-hypocrisy.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Of course the limited details are enough to know that the sentence was too lenient, but I would be interested to see more specifics on this.

The dude's name is Connor Bull and (perhaps predictably) he's been in court yet again since this sentence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-28058786

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-33285832
No matter what punishment they give to the offender, they cannot erase the psychological damage that the victim has now and will carry for the rest of their life.

Why do people, in general, think it's ****ing okay to ruin somebody else's life like that?!

Oh, what?! My days, it's worse than I initially thought

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending