The Student Room Group

I'm a Muslim guy and I had a relationship with an Atheist girl. AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Errr, I only actually met her dad and that was like just a wave when my ex was being dropped off to our date. He smiled but that was about it xD Couldnt care less if he approved or not... xD

Lol
he smiled so he probably liked u

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyou
I'm guessing you've never studied the Quran, and specifically that ayah, once in your life.

A quick google search for that ayah and it's context will suffice.

And gathered for Solomon were his soldiers of the jinn and men and birds, and they were [marching] in rows. Until, when they came upon the valley of the ants, an ant said, “O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not.” So [Solomon] smiled, amused at her speech, and said, “My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to do righteousness of which You approve. And admit me by Your mercy into [the ranks of] Your righteous servants.” Qu'ran - (27:17-19)

explain the context of this one for me please
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AverageExcellence
And gathered for Solomon were his soldiers of the jinn and men and birds, and they were [marching] in rows. Until, when they came upon the valley of the ants, an ant said, “O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not.” So [Solomon] smiled, amused at her speech, and said, “My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to do righteousness of which You approve. And admit me by Your mercy into [the ranks of] Your righteous servants.” Qu'ran - (27:17-19)

explain the context of this one for me please

Prophet Solomon had many miracles, one of them was the ability to talk/understand animals. The ant said that (as any ant would) for fear of being crushed, so he laughed as he could percieve them and instead of talking to the ant again, he talks to God (after the bit you've bolded).

I don't see your point?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending