The Student Room Group

What is up with girls, sometimes I don't even know, please help

So I've been texting this girl and stuff (she doesn't go to my school) and she hasn't replied to me like at all. I mean I haven't been excessively texting her but I text hi or something along those lines occasionally (like once every few weeks) but she never replies. Then come my birthday she writes happy birthday on my wall, like I'm just wondering what is the rationale behind this, why would you continuously ignore someone then wish them a happy birthday

Anyway I would have liked to hang out with her again but I thought she just lost interest in talking to me but now idk
What should I do??
so confused :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by GUMI
So I've been texting this girl and stuff (she doesn't go to my school) and she hasn't replied to me like at all. I mean I haven't been excessively texting her but I text hi or something along those lines occasionally (like once every few weeks) but she never replies. Then come my birthday she writes happy birthday on my wall, like I'm just wondering what is the rationale behind this, why would you continuously ignore someone then wish them a happy birthday

Anyway I would have liked to hang out with her again but I thought she just lost interest in talking to me but now idk
What should I do??

Lost interest. She's just being polite (the birthday bit).
Move on hun,it's not worth all the energy. She may have lost interest,hence why she isn't replying
Lol that's girls for you.. probably she is just tryna bluff you
Original post by GUMI

What should I do??

The rationale is power not peace. To look good in the eyes of the public she wished you Happy Birthday- maybe she gave you a dud number she no longer uses or has no credit
Doesn't look like she is interested, maybe she just wanted to show off that she was a nice person - as other people she knows can see she's written on your wall?
Reply 6
Just gonna clarify, this isnt about romance or anything, though a lot of you seem to think that.
but thanks guys, should I message her again? (On facebook this time)
@MoonRocket aww she doesnt seem like that kinda person though haha
@queen-bee that sucks, i didnt even do anythinglol :l
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GUMI
Just gonna clarify, this isnt about romance or anything, though a lot of you seem to think that.
but thanks guys, should I message her again? (On facebook this time)
@MoonRocket aww she doesnt seem like that kinda person though haha
@queen-bee that sucks, i didnt even do anythinglol :l

Some people are like that,unfortunately. I don't think you should,don't bother giving her too much attention
Politeness or it just popped up on a reminder. She thought she would throw you a crumb , so she can get get more validation.
Reply 9
Original post by queen-bee
Some people are like that,unfortunately. I don't think you should,don't bother giving her too much attention

But she was always really nice and stuff whenever I met her though, i dont understand people sometimes :angry:

@999tigger i wouldnt even call commenting on someone's wall 'validation', but whatever floats their boat I guess. I feel so baited now :x
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by GUMI

What should I do??

Gosh
I thought you were a girl
:colondollar:
Original post by GUMI

I mean I haven't been excessively texting her but I text hi or something along those lines
A bit bland no offence, why not talk about where you met her from (eg an event/concert/trip) or any similar intrests or connections ( eg friends/hobbies/local things) - if you dont have any of these, why are you interested in her man?

Also as long as you text ONCE and ONLY ONCE you're good, it shows you tried but AM NOT DESPERATE, anything more than ONCE is just....GAME OVER

Original post by GUMI
something along those lines occasionally (like once every few weeks)

Original post by GUMI
and she hasn't replied to me like at all

Original post by GUMI
but she never replies.

Yes because you texted more than once in a row god dammit

Original post by GUMI

Then come my birthday she writes happy birthday on my wall, like I'm just wondering what is the rationale behind this, why would you continuously ignore someone then wish them a happy birthday

She posts happy birthday because shes kind and appreciate and recognises the significance of your birth date and annual achievement

She ignores your texts because shes not kind enough to just talk to you when she obviously (unfortunately) isnt interested in you to take this even to the friend zone. Sorry man but she doesnt consider you more than someone shes posts HB to...:redface:

Advice? Move on, theres more fish in the sea more than 30,000 species actually

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GUMI
But she was always really nice and stuff whenever I met her though, i dont understand people sometimes :angry:

@999tigger i wouldnt even call commenting on someone's wall 'validation', but whatever floats their boat I guess. I feel so baited now :x

Some people like attention, it reassures them.

Dont read too much into it.
Reply 13
Original post by ForestShadow
A bit bland no offence, why not talk about where you met her from (eg an event/concert/trip) or any similar intrests or connections ( eg friends/hobbies/local things) - if you dont have any of these, why are you interested in her man?

Also as long as you text ONCE and ONLY ONCE you're good, it shows you tried but AM NOT DESPERATE, anything more than ONCE is just....GAME OVER

Yes because you texted more than once in a row god dammit

She posts happy birthday because shes kind and appreciate and recognises the significance of your birth date and annual achievement

She ignores your texts because shes not kind enough to just talk to you when she obviously (unfortunately) isnt interested in you to take this even to the friend zone. Sorry man but she doesnt consider you more than someone shes posts HB to...:redface:

I will take a second to appreciate just how many gifs you added to your reply, must have taken you more than a few minutes.
Anyway as I said before, this isn't about being friendzoned or anything romantic, I just thought we were friends cuz we used to hang out and text a lot. Well, so much for being friends lol :0
Someone texts 'hi' to me, I'm not necessarily going to reply. You're gonna have to go with better conversation starters if you actually want to have any sort of communication with this girl.
Mr. Nice Guy never gets the girl
Reply 16
Original post by M14B
Gosh
I thought you were a girl
:colondollar:

ee.png

@Alexion I have, ive asked if she wanted to hang out cuz we havent in a while, and I also asked about summer plans and stuff, to which I got one reply and that was that x3
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GUMI
I will take a second to appreciate just how many gifs you added to your reply, must have taken you more than a few minutes.

Thank you, only took me a few secs, Im a seasoned veteran in memes/quotes/gifs:wink:

Original post by GUMI
Anyway as I said before, this isn't about being friendzoned or anything romantic, I just thought we were friends cuz we used to hang out and text a lot. Well, so much for being friends lol :0

AND ANYWAY AS I SAID BEFORE YOU MAY SEE IT THAT WAY

BUT GODDAMMIT SHE PROBABLY DOESNT, THINK ABOUT HER POI, HER POINT OF VIEW!!!

SHE PROBABLY HAS ENOUGH GUY FRIENDS AND SEES YOU AS PRESENTING YOURSELF ROMANTICALLY IN HER VIEW!!!!!

sorry for caps BUT CONSIDER HER SIDE!!!:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by ForestShadow

AND ANYWAY AS I SAID BEFORE YOU MAY SEE IT THAT WAY

BUT GODDAMMIT SHE PROBABLY DOESNT, THINK ABOUT HER POI, HER POINT OF VIEW!!!

SHE PROBABLY HAS ENOUGH GUY FRIENDS AND SEES YOU AS PRESENTING YOURSELF ROMANTICALLY IN HER VIEW!!!!!

sorry for caps BUT CONSIDE HER SIDE!!!:biggrin:

Your welcome :tongue:
I guess, but we have hung out before and I dont know why she suddenly changed attitude, i honestly dont think she sees me as trying to be romantic with her, as cute as she is like im not going to ask her out, well at least I know I never would, and thats all that matters in the end :3
Original post by GUMI
@Alexion I have, ive asked if she wanted to hang out cuz we havent in a while, and I also asked about summer plans and stuff, to which I got one reply and that was that x3

Then as much as I hate to say it, I think she's not really interested in talking to you :closedeyes: may be time to just give up tbh

Quick Reply

Latest