The Student Room Group

AQA AS Sociology Unit 1 & 2 OLD SPECIFICATION [RESITS]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by grassntai
when we're talking about feminism, what topic are we talking about?

Theories of the family
Reply 41
Original post by xxvine
I don't think demography will come up
Well I hope it doesn't lol

Well I took that prediction as migration has never been an essay and hasn't shown itself since 2011
Reply 42
Original post by gtyhuiop
Well I took that prediction as migration has never been an essay and hasn't shown itself since 2011

what would you write though

the migration part is so small i dont see how i could make an essay out of it:frown:
Definitely think theory will be a long answer question this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Has anyone got essay examples? Of 24 markers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by LewisW1805
Definitely think theory will be a long answer question this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Topic 3?

So functionalist/feminist/Marxist theory of family right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
One day left, hows everyone feeling about it? And what have you revised the most?
Reply 47
Original post by m.fizann
One day left, hows everyone feeling about it? And what have you revised the most?

I've concentrated on theories of the family, couples and demography

I don't think social policy, childhood or family diversity will be the essay questions.
What about you and what do you predict
Reply 48
Original post by xxvine
I've concentrated on theories of the family, couples and demography

I don't think social policy, childhood or family diversity will be the essay questions.
What about you and what do you predict

Iv concentrated on birth rate, death rate, feminist and functionalist also gender roles and relationships equality

What kind of essay question can they ask for couples?
Reply 49
i heard migration may come up. does anyone have exemplar essays on migration? there's only like a tiny section of it within the textbooks so i have no idea what to write about
Reply 50
i heard migration may come up. does anyone have exemplar essays on migration? there's only like a tiny section of it within the textbooks so i have no idea what to write about

I honestly don't understand what they could ask about that
I pray that doesn't come up you know
Reply 51
Original post by xxvine
I honestly don't understand what they could ask about that
I pray that doesn't come up you know

yep i cant find any essays of them online, i hope it wont be a 24 marker.

btw do u have any exemplar essays on the topics u predicted that u wouldnt mind posting on here?
Reply 52

I dont think they can ask a essay q on migration, theres hardly anything to write :frown: but if they did it would be very hard.
It might come as a 6 marker though, something about migration.
is anyone redoing the education paper or who did it last year that got a good grade? i was ill for the exam and got a really low grade but seen as im retaking i've forgotten most of the content and exam layouts, especially for methods. does anyone know how to answer the 20marker methods in context essay and the 20marker essay on just methods please?? if so that would be v helpful !:smile:
Reply 54
Original post by m.fizann
I dont think they can ask a essay q on migration, theres hardly anything to write :frown: but if they did it would be very hard.
It might come as a 6 marker though, something about migration.

Yeah that would be ridiculous
I know ageing population came up in 2014 but even that you could write a lot about
Ageing population is demography right and birth rate/infant mortality rate has come up before so the chances of demography coming up is slim
Couples and relationships has also come up
Reply 57
Original post by niffysala
Couples and relationships has also come up

Last came up 2013 June
Original post by xxvine
Last came up 2013 June

feminism hasn't come up as a 2,4,6 or 24
Do u need to evaluate your 20 mark essay like this for unit 2? Like let's say a question on ethnicity comes up, do u need to evaluate it with like class differences? Saying that class differences play a bigger impact for example?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending