The Student Room Group

I'm worried he's no longer interested in me or maybe I gave the wrong impression

I have been talking to this guy for over a month. We started speaking online (bare in mind we went to school together, so he isn't a complete stranger). Every other day he has asked me to go out and I have declined (for varies reasons). So he kept joking around by saying he was going to come to my work place to see me.

I genuinely thought he was just joking around until twice last week he mentioned being near my workplace and he was going to pop in, however I was on my lunch break both times.

Today out of nowhere he walked in. At first I didn't recognise him and then when I did, I froze. I said hello and although he was waiting to be served I avoided it. My colleague called him over and then I walked over to talk to him briefly, then I walked off. Before he left the building I said bye to him. My colleagues noticed that I seemed very distracted and I was acting really weird. Right after I texted him to tell him I went into shy mode and he seemed okay about it.

Since then he hasn't really asked me to go out or texted me much this evening. Does it sounds like he's lost interest?
Original post by Anonymous
I have been talking to this guy for over a month. We started speaking online (bare in mind we went to school together, so he isn't a complete stranger). Every other day he has asked me to go out and I have declined (for varies reasons). So he kept joking around by saying he was going to come to my work place to see me.

I genuinely thought he was just joking around until twice last week he mentioned being near my workplace and he was going to pop in, however I was on my lunch break both times.

Today out of nowhere he walked in. At first I didn't recognise him and then when I did, I froze. I said hello and although he was waiting to be served I avoided it. My colleague called him over and then I walked over to talk to him briefly, then I walked off. Before he left the building I said bye to him. My colleagues noticed that I seemed very distracted and I was acting really weird. Right after I texted him to tell him I went into shy mode and he seemed okay about it.

Since then he hasn't really asked me to go out or texted me much this evening. Does it sounds like he's lost interest?

It's possible that he was slightly tired of you declining every other day and this just topped it off, and he took it that you weren't interested.

If you're interested in him, ask him out. Maybe it is not too late.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
It's possible that he was slightly tired of you declining every other day and this just topped it off, and he took it that you weren't interested.

If you're interested in him, ask him out. Maybe it is not too late.

You're right. It really caught me off guard. I have been really nervous about meeting him but I should at least give him a chance - he is a nice guy.
You're right. It really caught me off guard. I have been really nervous about meeting him but I should at least give him a chance - he is a nice guy.

He sounds like he could well have lost interest, what with you repeatedly declining his invitations, but at the same time you don't have to "give him a chance" if you don't want to, and you don't have to go out with him if you don't want to.

As above - if you're not interested or attracted to him, then you aren't obliged to go out with him.
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
As above - if you're not interested or attracted to him, then you aren't obliged to go out with him.

Original post by Smack
He sounds like he could well have lost interest, what with you repeatedly declining his invitations, but at the same time you don't have to "give him a chance" if you don't want to, and you don't have to go out with him if you don't want to.

Hey guys, thank you. Its not that I'm not interested in him, he just has alot of baggage and I honestly feel like it would be too much for me to take on. We spoke on the phone on Saturday and prior to this he asked if I wanted to see him. It was almost 1am,so I declined and I told him exactly why I did too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending