Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

If you started liking someone, would you be straightforward and tell them right away about your feelings or would you wait until you're sure that they like you back?

I liked some guy but I didn't reveal it after he said he liked me back.

We're going out 2 months strong(e-dating lmao- but we're meeting up after our exams).

Hmm I guess I wouldn't tell them unless I was really sure- because sometimes you could just be crushing. I wouldn't waste being rejected by someone over a trivial crush LOL 😂

I think if everyone had the waiting mentality nobody would get anywhere. On the whole I'm a shy person. If I liked someone I'd have to actually pluck up the courage to go and tell them. If I didn't and they were shy then neither of us would say anything.

That's not to say you have to be straightforward and tell them though. If you liked someone and straight up told them as soon as possible you might creep them out and have the opposite effect. If you like someone then pursue them. When you tell them is up to you. Sometimes it's implied. If you like someone and asked them on a date it's pretty obvious that you like them.

Change is only caused by action. No action, no change. Act on it.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.