The Student Room Group

Will you be voting in today's local elections?

Poll

Will you be voting in the elections today?

Today, a bunch of elections will be taking place across the UK.

Elections are taking place for the Scottish Parliament, National Assembly of Wales, the Northern Ireland Assembly and for 124 English councils. There will also be elections for mayors in London, Bristol, Liverpool and Salford. UK parliamentary by-elections will be held in Ogmore and Sheffield Brightside, and police and crime commissioners are also being elected in England and Wales.

The polls open within the next couple of minutes and will remain open until 10pm. If you've registered, go and vote!

If you're not registered to vote, fill in this form here to make sure you're eligible to vote in the EU referendum.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can confirm I voted at 7.20 today :teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's a candidate with the surname 'Pidgeon' of course i'm voting.
lol i forgot it was the voting day hm
Reply 4
Voting in my council elections today.
I'm not sure what to vote for in the PCC elections because I have no infomantion at all.
Reply 5
Only the PCC election here, absolutely no information on any of the 4 candidates and their personal statements all read the exact same "fight crime, save money".

Not sure whether doing a spoilt vote or not voting at all will make the government realise how pointless PCCs are..
I won't be voting in our local council elections. I simply don't follow local politics enough to be familiar with the individuals involved to be able to make an informed choice. The same goes for the police commissioners.
Conservative all the way!!!
PCC's and i don't know who i'll get got with the best view on cannabis legalisation or failing that the most attractive or just randomise if both those fail
Reply 9
Tory for the locals.
Labour local
Original post by jamesthehustler
PCC's and i don't know who i'll get got with the best view on cannabis legalisation or failing that the most attractive or just randomise if both those fail

Libs want Cannabis.
On local and pcc elections I just vote for party

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there any point in voting for a minority candidate first?
Reply 14
Labour mayor; Labour PCC and 2 Labour and the green candidate local :smile:
Why do you have to be 18 to vote?
Lib Dem for PCC!

When do we find out the results? First time I've voted in a PCC election.
Reply 17
I will be voting in the Scottish elections this afternoon. This weekend I will be closely following the elections back home in N.Ireland. I love N.I elections. :mmm:
UKIP candidate for me
Reply 19
I am yet to vote in London but am contemplating whether I should bother

Quick Reply