The Student Room Group

Differential Equations:After A-level

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beth-jane
Thanks! I'm considering making another one after I finish my exams, so I need to get thinking on what to talk about next!

That unit sounds incredibly similar to one of my second year modules! I found the content really interesting, and as a physics student I'm guessing you can visualise things pretty well, so you should have no problems with the two graphical elements(Phase planes and bifurcation diagrams), which is the section i found most people struggled with. I would not say that the unit is hard as such as its very interesting and can be applied to many things. It should also give you a really good basis if you want to look into modelling systems further.Its very process heavy, so if you can memorise step by step algorithms, then you should be able to follow it easily :smile: Overall I would say it was my favourite module last year and one of the most approachable (If well taught). There are plenty of good textbooks about it if you don't understand the lecturer.

Thank you for taking the time to read the module and give your opinion! :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by madmadmax321
Thank you for taking the time to read the module and give your opinion! :biggrin:

That's okay! Good luck with whatever you choose!

Quick Reply

Latest