The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yep i've got it, gonna be horrible, 2 essays and 3 sets of short answer questions, just mean! So much to revise too, hating physiology at the moment xxx
Reply 2
Yeh im doing unit 5 on friday annoying truly annoying plus iv being revising for psychology so forgot all bout pe...i think its time to revise lol
Yup. Are people taking the sports psychology option or the mechanics option? Not sure what syllabuses everyone is following...
Also not looking forward to the synoptic bit of the unit 4 paper.
Reply 4
Zoe_89
Yep i've got it, gonna be horrible, 2 essays and 3 sets of short answer questions, just mean! So much to revise too, hating physiology at the moment xxx

Only 1 essay isn't there? Or do you mean for as and a2 parts of synoptic?

The syllabuses i'm taking are Historical studies and sports psychology. Historical i find preety easy, the understand of the sports psychology is ok but i just REALLY need to learn all the theories but there are so many. Exercise and physiology is Ok..ish..

WHat did everyone get last year? I got a B, i'd be over the moon if i got a B again but i'd be content with a C.
Reply 5
Norwich FC
Only 1 essay isn't there? Or do you mean for as and a2 parts of synoptic?

The syllabuses i'm taking are Historical studies and sports psychology. Historical i find preety easy, the understand of the sports psychology is ok but i just REALLY need to learn all the theories but there are so many. Exercise and physiology is Ok..ish..

WHat did everyone get last year? I got a B, i'd be over the moon if i got a B again but i'd be content with a C.

Yeh im doing, historial and comparison with usa and uk, sports psychology and physiollogy i dont remember any essay though a few 6 markers....i scrapped a C by one last year i would be over the moon to leave with a C! From tomorrow the work is glued to my side. lol
I got a B last year. Only a few marks off an A though.
I think realistically I'll aim for a B this year.

I'm the only one in my class doing the mechanics option instead of the sports psychology. It's because I do physics and in physics there is a module very similar to the mechanics one in P.E.

With regards to the essays...I thought we had two? One like synoptic one and the other one on global games>? Hmm...I really need to look at some past papers. lol
Reply 7
Are they the 6 markers? Thats what i saw in the synoptic anyway. I dont class them as essays probs because i do 30 marker essays in psychology and have 3 of them next week to do in a 2 hr exam lol slight difference... i dont blame you for doing mechanics probably alot easier for you...i need to get off here and revise...so can i miss out everything on mechanics and revise everything else? Coz i know you get a choice of questions
Reply 8
Lol none of us some to sure on what we're going to get.. i thought we got..

5 or 6 questions on Historical or Comparitive
5 or 6 questions on sports psychology or biomechanics
5 or 6 questions on exercise and sport physiology

1 big synoptic question which consists of an as and a a2 part which is worth about 40 marks!

How does the grades work for AS and A2? for example i got a B last year so if i get a D this year does that mean i got a C overall or does it depend on the amount of marks i got too?
Reply 9
Add up your marks from last year and this year and if you have your coursework grade then you look at the scale that is
480- A
420- B
360- C
300- D

are you doing aqa im looking through my past papers and im doing factors affecting nature and development of elite performer then it has sub topics and i pick 2 from 3 of the questions, each question is worth 15 marks but split in part a,b,c,d. Then the second part is synoptic assesment and i have to answer 3 out of 4 questions each question is worth 12 marks but is split into 2 parts. I cant see no 40 marker lol
Reply 10
Help.

There's seriously too much to remember in my opinion.
The synoptic is going to be horrible, not so much the questions, just trying to find so many linking marks!
Reply 11
Yep i agree toooo much is there anything you reckon we just shouldnt revise?
Reply 12
probably not, everything has a chance of coming up i guess :frown:

I can't get my head round all the theories for sports psychology.. so many of them!
Reply 13
are you doing aqa?
Reply 14
I'm doing OCR
Reply 15
I'm doing edexcel, unit 4 = global trends in international sport - one set of short answer questions (choice from north america, new world cultures, developing cultures or asian cultures) - 25 marks, synoptic essay - 50 marks, unit 6 - scientific principles of exercise and performance - one set of short answer questions on exercise and energy systems - 25 marks, one set of short answer questions on sports psychology - 25 marks, and one synoptic essay - 50 marks.....nightmare!!
I'm also doing the edexcel syllabus.
Dreading the synoptic part of unit 4 most if I'm honest. :frown:
Reply 17
Norwich FC
I'm doing OCR

thats probably why i dont have any essays then sounds hard the ocr board im happy with aqa
How did everyone who sat Edexel fine them today?

I thought they were quite good! Apart from the American section...
OCR syllabus !! Howd every1 find it ?! Wat quezzys did every1 do on the synoptic ?!

I did:

Historical - okish all bout mob football n the 9 marker was bit harsh but pritty easy
A2 psych - aggression I knu it wud b on that and its eeeasy :biggrin:
Exercise phys - got the PWC170 question wrong I kno but mite get 1 mark 4 sayin cycle ergometer tho :s-smilie: the rest was fine tho
Synoptic - I did the 2 psych questions n wrote loaaads !! Hope Ive dun ok !!

No more PE evaaaa :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending