Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Update from 3rd year to placement

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi SFE,

    I have applied for and had confirmation of funding for the coming year 2016/17 as if going into the third year of my degree.
    However, I have now been offered, and have accepted, a 12-month placement as part of my sandwich course which means I need to update my records with you to cancel payments for the coming year.

    As suggested by your employee over the phone, I have updated my course cost online but am met with declarations to print off and post in order to change my tuition fee and maintenance loan requests. As I have changed my tuition fee details, should this not automatically change my tuition request, and suggest that I shouldn't be taking out a maintenance loan? Also, how do I inform you of my placement details?

    • Thread Starter


    Hi there.

    You will need to change your course details online, not just your loan requested.

    There are normally two versions of these types of courses, one which does not include the placement year and one which does. You will need to change it to the longer version that includes placement.

    When you do so, your app will be automatically reassessed and we will then adjust your fees, etc ourselves.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 18, 2016
Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.