The Student Room Group

SAT 7th May

Anyone else taking SAT/SAT subject tests this weekend? Anyone else have no idea wtf they're doing???? I basically applied on the off chance that I might do well but kind of regretting it as my mum might've paid the stupid $80 fee just for me to fail. I'm taking the Math 2 subject test hoping that it's basically like AS
The math level 2 goes through precalculus, so it should cover similar material to the maths AS. There should be some material online if it is too late to get prep books. You can try using Google, but here are some links. http://www.sparknotes.com/testprep/books/sat2/math2c/ http://www.cracksat.net/sat2/math/
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Anyone else taking SAT/SAT subject tests this weekend? Anyone else have no idea wtf they're doing???? I basically applied on the off chance that I might do well but kind of regretting it as my mum might've paid the stupid $80 fee just for me to fail. I'm taking the Math 2 subject test hoping that it's basically like AS

Did you take AS further maths?
Original post by Student403
Did you take AS further maths?

I'm taking it this year
I'm taking it this year

Which modules have you already learnt?
I did the SAT today and I'm doing subject tests next month!
Original post by student403
which modules have you already learnt?

c1 c2 fp1 s1 s2 m1
Original post by Sparadrap2106
I did the SAT today and I'm doing subject tests next month!

How do you feel it went? I'm not quite sure when I want to the SAT I. I was thinking next month but idk if I need more time especially bc it's in the middle of exams.

Also what subjects are you going to take?
(edited 7 years ago)
I was thinking next month but idk if I need more time especially bc it's in the middle of exams.

This exactly. I was about to register for the june SAT subject tests but didn't because of the risk that I might not have time to prepare for them in the midst of school work and exams, basically making that attempt a waste.
I'll probably just list them as future qualifications on my uni application and then take them sometime around november/december with more preparation :P
How do you feel it went? I'm not quite sure when I want to the SAT I. I was thinking next month but idk if I need more time especially bc it's in the middle of exams.

I definitely think I struggled with studying for the SAT and my AS exams so I don't think it went too well and I'll probably redo it in October, but I think my subject tests (biol&french) will go okay because they're similar to the AS course!! If you think you could manage doing the SAT next month you definitely should, just so you get to have more than one shot at it:s-smilie:
c1 c2 fp1 s1 s2 m1

Okay that's a good start. Definitely get ahold of a Maths textbook and skim through it. I think C3 would help you a lot with the trig and graphs but other than that there's not much else to do.

I wouldn't advise doing any June sittings. Friends did it last year and it stressed them out quite a bit
Original post by Student403
Okay that's a good start. Definitely get ahold of a Maths textbook and skim through it. I think C3 would help you a lot with the trig and graphs but other than that there's not much else to do.

I wouldn't advise doing any June sittings. Friends did it last year and it stressed them out quite a bit

I already took the Math Level 2 subject test yesterday and it was very easy. so it's just the SAT with Essay and Chemistry subject test left now but I think I'll leave them til Autumn.
I already took the Math Level 2 subject test yesterday and it was very easy. so it's just the SAT with Essay and Chemistry subject test left now but I think I'll leave them til Autumn.

Oh well done! :h: Definitely get studying for the SAT during the summer. That takes a lot of prep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending