The Student Room Group

Tips for English Student?

I'm going to be studying English BA in September, I was wondering if any of you doing English have any tips for me and others doing English this year? What should I expect from the work load, coursework, tests etc.?
Original post by EXTREMEsitting
I'm going to be studying English BA in September, I was wondering if any of you doing English have any tips for me and others doing English this year? What should I expect from the work load, coursework, tests etc.?

Hiya!

I think it depends which university you're going to, as all degree structures are different. However, the one piece of advice I'd give to anyone doing an English degree is to keep up with the reading - you'll be expected to read at least 2 or 3 books a week, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time to complete all this reading. You might need to give yourself even more time if you're reading something challenging, such as Chaucer or Shakespeare.

It's probably best to look on the universities website, as this will tell you the timetable of essays and exams for your course.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending