The Student Room Group

Products of Light Dependent Reaction in Photosynthesis

So this exam question says oxygen is a product of the LDS that is NOT used in the LIS.
Is it referring to the production of 1/2O2 during photolysis of water?
Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by white_o
So this exam question says oxygen is a product of the LDS that is NOT used in the LIS.
Thanks!

Can we see the exam question to get a bit of context?

Other than that, I agree. Oxygen is a product of the LDR.

I'm not sure what you mean by "that is NOT used in the LIS" and what that has to do with it. I
I'm assuming that relates to how NADPH and ATP, the other products ARE used in the Calvin Cycle whereas oxygen is just a waste product.
Reply 2
Original post by RMNDK
Can we see the exam question to get a bit of context?

Other than that, I agree. Oxygen is a product of the LDR.

I'm not sure what you mean by "that is NOT used in the LIS" and what that has to do with it. I
I'm assuming that relates to how NADPH and ATP, the other products ARE used in the Calvin Cycle whereas oxygen is just a waste product.

Pretty much :smile: Thought that could be the only meaning, was just checking. The question is literally a list of things like Oxygen, ATP, RuBP and then it says 'Which one is a product of LDS NOT used in LIS'.
Original post by white_o
Thanks!

Can you please post the full question like screenshot it, type it or tell us it's number and in which year ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending