The Student Room Group

HELP! I've really badly damaged my car. How much would it cost to repair? (images)

I've really badly damaged my car going around a corner and scratching my car with another dudes bumper. How much do you guys think it would cost? I haven't got a quote yet but want to check with others first before they start overpricing me.
Is it a 3 or 5 door? If it's a 5 door, two doors = £200 each second hand.
Original post by irdanknight
Is it a 3 or 5 door? If it's a 5 door, two doors = £200 each second hand.

It is a 5 door.
Original post by randomuser321
It is a 5 door.

You know posting the same thread twice is spamming, right?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4063139&highlight=Really+badly+damaged+my+car#primary_content
Original post by randomuser321
I've really badly damaged my car going around a corner and scratching my car with another dudes bumper. How much do you guys think it would cost? I haven't got a quote yet but want to check with others first before they start overpricing me.

If you know a decent body shop this is around £200
Oops i thought i deleted that thread. Im new to this. Just joined to talk about my accident.
Reply 6
£200 - £500

If you've not got a lot of cash buy yourself a bottle of Original T Cut (red bottle) and two packs of yellow dusters.You'll buff most of that out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Depends on the age of the car and the rarity of the colour. I've bought doors in scrap yards and on eBay ranging from £20 (common door) to £50 (rarer shape door). If you can find doors easily in the correct colour then it's by far the easiest option. Even if the options are wrong you can pretty easily swap things like central locking and electric windows over between doors.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending