The Student Room Group

Natwest Student Account 2007

Hi

I have just found that Natwest have launched their student offer for this year online now. Looks quite good so I decided to upgrade the account I already have with them.

You get the following:

- 5 Year Student Railcard
- Free Windows Live Messenger Webcam (when applying online - looks like a good model as well)
- Upto £1250 Interest Free Overdraft in year 1 (Increases each year)

Thought people might be interested in this as I know there have been a few posts about it.

The link for it is http://www.natwest.com/students . It doesn't seem to list all the offers on their main site yet so you have to use that link to see them all.

HTH
Craig

Scroll to see replies

Ooo that looks quite good....still don't know who to go with though! :s-smilie: Will see what the other banks bring out first methinks!
Helix88
Hi

I have just found that Natwest have launched their student offer for this year online now. Looks quite good so I decided to upgrade the account I already have with them.

You get the following:

- 5 Year Student Railcard
- Free Windows Live Messenger Webcam (when applying online - looks like a good model as well)
- Upto £1250 Interest Free Overdraft in year 1 (Increases each year)

Thought people might be interested in this as I know there been a few posts about it.

The link for it is http://www.natwest.com/students . It doesn't seem to list all the offers on their main site yet so you have to use that link to see them all.

HTH
Craig

Ooh wicked! But if I already have an account with them and are just upgrading it do you reckon I'll still get all the offers? Oh well it's still good anyway so off to upgrade now!
Reply 3
^^I just upgraded as well :biggrin:
Reply 4
lei_armstrong
Ooh wicked! But if I already have an account with them and are just upgrading it do you reckon I'll still get all the offers? Oh well it's still good anyway so off to upgrade now!

It says you get them when you upgrade as well.
Reply 5
nice! thanks, any idea when other banks will release their info on freebies?

im 70-80% sure i want to go with natwest
Reply 6
I will use Natwest, as there on-campus, and my dad is freinds with a local branch manager (at home) who have always sorted out problems instantly (i.e. penalty fees i have incurred :biggrin:)

Halifax can give you a bigger overdraft, but i'd rather not! I try to stay out of my £250 one now on my nationwide, £1250 is plenty enough short term debt for me thank you!
Does anyone know what happens with mature students, ie, over 25 already at the start of their course. I take it I won't get the railcard?
you will, I think, but only or the time you are in full-time study.. you won't get the free years beyond that.. I know I could go and get myself a YP railcard again once I go back to uni, so I don't see why Natwest would provide for the shorter period of time.
Reply 9
I'm applying tomorrow just for the Young Persons rail card, if you open the account you don't have to put your student loan in there do you?
Reply 10
Doesn't specifiy that you have to put in loan but it does require 'regular payments' of some kind, I think. They presumably class once per term as 'regular' if they accept your loan as meeting those criteria.
What do you have to take along to apply? Passport and proof of your uni place or something? I don't know my term time address yet so I assume I register my home one with them?
Reply 12
It will probably be passport and proof of address (so UCAS letter should do) that you will have to take along. When I upgraded mine it didn't ask me for a term time address just the current address I had with them so they probably realise people don't have them yet.

Mines been upgraded now online as it now says Student/Graduate I just need to see if they upgrade my Solo Card automatically to Maestro or If I have to ask them to do so.
Helix88
Mines been upgraded now online as it now says Student/Graduate I just need to see if they upgrade my Solo Card automatically to Maestro or If I have to ask them to do so.

Ooh I forgot about that! But when you fill it online it says that you keep the same account number so can still used your current card and cheque book!
Reply 14
lei_armstrong
Ooh I forgot about that! But when you fill it online it says that you keep the same account number so can still used your current card and cheque book!

Yeah the account number stayed the same and I know it said about cards staying the same but that might just apply to current plus as they are maestro already. I'm going to give it a week and see what they send me and if I don't get a new card I'll ring up and ask for one.
Reply 15
I applied for an upgrade, but really need to get rid of my Solo card which is falling apart. It is due for renewal soon mind, so I'm hoping I'll get a Maestro. Wondering when they'll ask to see proof though I'm going to Uni!
Reply 16
I got a letter through the post saying they're automatically upgrading my account :biggrin: .
Reply 17
Is a UCAS offer for a place at uni enough to open the account or do you have to have a confirmed place (i.e wait until after i get A level results)?

Thanks
Reply 18
An offer is enough to open it but I the overdraft won't start until the place is confirmed and I don't think you can send off for the freebies until its confirmed as well.
Reply 19
Helix88
An offer is enough to open it but I the overdraft won't start until the place is confirmed and I don't think you can send off for the freebies until its confirmed as well.

Ok, thanks, will the offer still be the same in August?

Latest

Trending

Trending