The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Best Salford accommodation for nursing students?

Does anyone know the best accommodation to look at for a nursing student due to work shift hours, etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by tracijune
Does anyone know the best accommodation to look at for a nursing student due to work shift hours, etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're worried about the costs (because i'm pressuming it'll be a longer contract you'll need) then i'd probably go for eddie colman/john lester as they are the cheapest accomodation x
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Don't be fooled by the cheap rent for John Lester and Eddie Colman, it's a very depressing atmosphere and the rooms feel like prison cells. Some of the contracts are £90 a week for the same bad quality. The only positive about it is that they stick most Nursing Students on the 14th floor so it's quieter. I will be staying at Tramways for my second year (I will be in my second year of Adult Nursing), it's £90 a week and unlike Eddie Colman/John Lester you get your own bathroom and a bigger kitchen with a communal area. There is also IQ and Peel Park, which are lovely places but are much more expensive with rent being over £100 a week, so it really depends on how much you're willing to pay and what you want from the accommodation. I know many friends on my course who are living at Peel Park and IQ. x
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, i don't know if you have already sorted your accommodation out but i definetly wouldn't recommend John Lester and Eddie Colmon Court as from experience they are really depressing the conditions are not nice. i'm actually looking for someone to take over my contract at tramways (sanctuary accommodation). its £431.80 a month (with 11 installments) it includes a double bed ensuite with a shared kitchen and lounge. you would sharing the flat with three other nurses who started in march 16. This accommodation is really lovely and only minutes from the campus. The only reason i'm selling my contract if i have dropped off the nursing course but just due to personal reasons. the contract starts in september 16.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending