Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Best Salford accommodation for nursing students?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

Does anyone know the best accommodation to look at for a nursing student due to work shift hours, etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by tracijune)
    Does anyone know the best accommodation to look at for a nursing student due to work shift hours, etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're worried about the costs (because i'm pressuming it'll be a longer contract you'll need) then i'd probably go for eddie colman/john lester as they are the cheapest accomodation x

Don't be fooled by the cheap rent for John Lester and Eddie Colman, it's a very depressing atmosphere and the rooms feel like prison cells. Some of the contracts are £90 a week for the same bad quality. The only positive about it is that they stick most Nursing Students on the 14th floor so it's quieter. I will be staying at Tramways for my second year (I will be in my second year of Adult Nursing), it's £90 a week and unlike Eddie Colman/John Lester you get your own bathroom and a bigger kitchen with a communal area. There is also IQ and Peel Park, which are lovely places but are much more expensive with rent being over £100 a week, so it really depends on how much you're willing to pay and what you want from the accommodation. I know many friends on my course who are living at Peel Park and IQ. x

Hi, i don't know if you have already sorted your accommodation out but i definetly wouldn't recommend John Lester and Eddie Colmon Court as from experience they are really depressing the conditions are not nice. i'm actually looking for someone to take over my contract at tramways (sanctuary accommodation). its £431.80 a month (with 11 installments) it includes a double bed ensuite with a shared kitchen and lounge. you would sharing the flat with three other nurses who started in march 16. This accommodation is really lovely and only minutes from the campus. The only reason i'm selling my contract if i have dropped off the nursing course but just due to personal reasons. the contract starts in september 16.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.