The Student Room Group

Is it weird to want to wait until marriage to have sex?

Hi so basically just what the title says, I'm a bit worried that I'll be unable to have a serious relationship because a lot of guys don't want to wait so long for sex :/ so is it weird? Should I just give up on it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sex is fun. Don't wait until marriage to enjoy it if you really don't have to, you're missing out.
Religious or personal reasons?

I do it for religious reasons and Ive met both guys and girls who practice the same as me. Its not weird, dont lose hope in something you believe in.
But I mean if it doesnt matter, go ahead and enjoy it.
No it's not weird, I'm the same and have had guys that only want that :/ but there will be guys out there with the same views as you
(edited 7 years ago)
Not at all, it's entirely up to you, don't let other people try to pressure you, if that's what you want to do, the right guy will understand
I'm Catholic so therefore against sex before marriage. After all when u get married you are saying u want to be with that person forever so why would you ahve sec before marriage and be willing to make a baby with someone you are not willing to stay with?
Reply 6
weird and illogical
Not weird at all. In fact it's very traditional and is only disappearing because of people making their own choices instead of following traditions. If I'm honest, I think it is a great test for someone's respect for you at the start of a relationship.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi so basically just what the title says, I'm a bit worried that I'll be unable to have a serious relationship because a lot of guys don't want to wait so long for sex :/ so is it weird? Should I just give up on it?

Sex is fun, sex is natural.
What you do is your choice.
Are you asking me is it weird to wait
Male of female it is in my personal opinion.
Reply 9
It is not weird at all I am strongly against sex before marriage
Nope. Your life,your choice
Do what you want.
Its not weird!
Its your decision and your partner should respect your decision!
Original post by ironingplaylist
Religious or personal reasons?

I do it for religious reasons and Ive met both guys and girls who practice the same as me. Its not weird, dont lose hope in something you believe in.
But I mean if it doesnt matter, go ahead and enjoy it.

Both really, I'd hate to give my Virginity to someone and then they dump me? I just want to have sex with one person who I love and spend my life with.. But also religious reasons, I've been trying to re establish my relationship with God and knowing that I'm following my faith really helps! It can just be rubbish when guys end it with me because they can't be bothered waiting and quote 'can get it somewhere else.'
Original post by FireFreezer77
Its not weird!
Its your decision and your partner should respect your decision!

Thanks so much! I hope to find someone who respects me for it :smile:
This question is subjective. People think it is others think it's normal. honestly who cares? ur opinion is the one that matters so stop worrying
Thanks so much! I hope to find someone who respects me for it :smile:

No worries!!
I hope you do too!
As said by someone else "Weird", is subjective.
Pre-marital sex can help to relieve sexual frustration and help individuals to ascertain to whom one is sexually compatible with, before making the big jump to marriage. Though one should be careful and only go ahead with sex, when you believe the relationship is strong and is heading towards a long term relationship/marriage.
Both really, I'd hate to give my Virginity to someone and then they dump me? I just want to have sex with one person who I love and spend my life with.. But also religious reasons, I've been trying to re establish my relationship with God and knowing that I'm following my faith really helps! It can just be rubbish when guys end it with me because they can't be bothered waiting and quote 'can get it somewhere else.'

To be honest, if the sole reason a guy sticks around is because your pussy is easier to access than others, I wouldn't call it a great relationship. Even if you were willing to do it before marriage, don't. Not to this breed of scum.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending