The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex Accommodation help!

hullo
So I've made Sussex my firm choice but now I'm struggling to know which accommodation to choose.
I think it's between Brighthelm, Northfield and Park Houses.
Can someone please advice on which they think are best?

I like the fact that Northfield has ensuite rooms, however is it true that it is less social/ full of snobs? While I come from a relatively privileged background I didn't go to private school or anything, I don't want to be suck with people that I can't relate with.

I like the sound of Park Houses, social but not as grotty as East Slope, plus ya get a sink. How many bathrooms are there between how many people? And are they gendered? People that have lived here do you find yourself waiting to use the bathroom a lot/ or is it often left in a grim state?

And then Brighthelm, same questions. How many bathrooms etc etc. Isn't Brighthelm only 5 people? Is this too small? it sounds small

sorry 4 overload of questions lol
Reply 1
i live in norwich house and it's amazing!!! there is two toilets and 3 showers between 12 of us. the whole year i have never had to wait for a shower, ever! they are not gendered, and also they get cleaned once a week and are barely ever dirty at all! feel free to ask me any more questions about norwich
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
IMG_6230.jpgthis is my room!
Reply 3
Thanks for the reply!
room looks a good size. So one place I forgot about: Park village. What's the difference between Park houses and Park Village?
i am just looking at joining sussex so can't help too much.

but there accommodation page gives loads of information that should answer most of your questions!

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/accommodation
Original post by dehavok1

Ooh your room is cuuuuttteee :biggrin:
Original post by Lady101
Thanks for the reply!
room looks a good size. So one place I forgot about: Park village. What's the difference between Park houses and Park Village?

Park houses, especially Norwich is the best
Park village is just no, like just stop thinking about it
Original post by Lady101
Thanks for the reply!

Park Village is absolutely vile (IMO) when i went to visit it stunk of week old cooking and stairs were falling apart. Was incredibly cramped and i couldn't wait to get out and were there there for a max of 5 minutes.
:zomg:

Don't do it to yourself
Reply 8
Original post by dehavok1

does the room come with stuff already like a lamp or bedside table? or do we have to bring everything ??
That bedside table looks like it's actually from the desk. You get a lamp and a bed but no bedding
Original post by Lady101
Thanks for the reply!

Park Houses Yes.
Park Village No!!!
East Slope Ugh
Lewes Court Phase 1 (not en suite, not much more per week than Park Houses, smaller rooms, but more modern)

Quick Reply

Latest