The Student Room Group

16 and never had a boyfriend

Scroll to see replies

16 is early days so don't be panicking! Plus, you don't want to do badly in school/sixth form because of boyfriend issues - you have much more time at university and they're the guys that you're more likely to stay with in the long term. And also, you can't do your GCSEs/A-levels again (unless you want to resit the year but it's always much better to do your best the first time round and not regret it!) so you might as well do well then focus on boyfriends later.

I can't say guys get more mature when you get to university but you usually have more time at university so you can explore all that :smile:
You should be worried if your friends are promiscuous lol
Reply 22
Aww don't worry about it lovely, that time will come! Only met my boyfriend when i was 18 in my last year of sixth form and he wasn't even at college and we've been together 3 years. Sometimes boys are harder work than you think anyway haha

Its lovely that people are giving you compliments, that will help to build your confidence. But don't get bogged down by wanting a boyfriend, the time will come. It may not happen tomorrow, or a week from now, even a couple of years but it will happen. But my advice would be to focus on sixth form and try to better yourself, have some well deserved YOU time because when you do have a boyfriend you don't have much of that because you have to think about them aswell. But you can still work on yourself and work out who you are as an individual.

It will happen when you least expect it aswell hun, dont worry! xxx
Reply 23
I physcially facepalm whenever I see this kind of question being asked
Original post by RobML
I physcially facepalm whenever I see this kind of question being asked

Same.:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed
Don't have one. :h:

Awww i'm so sorry :/

Original post by ripjonsnow
Its not society, its channels like disney channel and other teen shows that influence this/

All shows on disney show some kind of relationship taking, yet they have an extremely young audience.
You can say i got a tin foil hat, but I actually believe disney is responsible for the lower generations being so dumb,

Probably... i watched weird stuff on tv when i was young, never that lovey dovey weird disney stuff ._.
Reply 26
Original post by thefatone
Awww i'm so sorry :/

Probably... i watched weird stuff on tv when i was young, never that lovey dovey weird disney stuff ._.

Don't be. She was horrible.
Original post by Airmed
Don't be. She was horrible.

Oh just like my dad then ^-^
Original post by rhiifuu
I turned 18 in October and I've only just recently started 'seeing' a boy. It's been almost 2 months soon, we were talking for like a good couple of months previously.

I'd consider this my first proper relationship. All, I'm going to say is patience is key, don't rush into anything.

Also, don't panic about the whole kissing too, it'll happen one day.

thank you for your advice, i feel a bit better about it know, like it doesn't matter too much.
Original post by Anonymous
thank you for your advice, i feel a bit better about it know, like it doesn't matter too much.

Yeah, I had my first kiss years ago. But, I hadn't kissed anyone in years so I was really nervous about it .. wasn't a big deal when it happened in March.

Don't get yourself too down about it. It'll happen one day.
You have likely lived under 20% of your life, stop worrying because a boyfriend when A-levels should take priority is not something to worry about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending