The Student Room Group

Computer Science A453 Task 3 - Is it mandatory to "finish" the task?

Hey guys,

This has kept me up for a while and I figured it might be good to ask you guys who do GCSE OCR Computer Science or those who have done the course about my issue.

So, we're doing the programming controlled assessment (A453). We have to hand in Task 3 (and Task 1 and Task 2) in two weeks. I'm bricking it, as I've basically done one section of the program and I will effectively need to reprogram it for another two sections, as well as doing my ongoing testing and etc. Basically, I won't finish the program as a whole and will have basically not completed every point on my success criteria. I will have to compromise and do the other section and leave it at that. It's open ended of course.

I spoke to one of the IT teachers who informed me that I do not need to finish Task 3, moreover I need to have attempted it to get higher than a B. (I would like to get an A* if possible).

I was wondering, has anyone who didn't finish the final task but did their evaluation and explained why the program wasn't finished (lack of time, etc) got a lower grade? I consulted the mark scheme and it just said that there needs to be an attempt at each task. I can't take the work home as it would be cheating and I have no intention whatsoever to cheat in my GCSEs.

Could anyone shed some light on this?

I appreciate it, good luck to all Y11s with their exams this month and the next.
Hi,

Too be honest most schools are taking work home and teachers can only penalise you if they see you. If you really don't want to do that then just do writing at home and paste it over at school. Also, I advise you attempt the tasks. Not attempting one lowers your grade, regardless of time. A* isnt possible if you don't finish but an A is.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Grassoline42
Hi,

Too be honest most schools are taking work home and teachers can only penalise you if they see you. If you really don't want to do that then just do writing at home and paste it over at school. Also, I advise you attempt the tasks. Not attempting one lowers your grade, regardless of time. A* isnt possible if you don't finish but an A is.

Hi,

Regardless, I'd prefer to keep it all in school as it would be morally wrong for me to do that.

I am attempting all of the tasks. I finished Task 1 and Task 2 and I'd finish Task 3, only I would not do as many "options" (it's a troubleshooting tree) as I intended, moreover I'd do 2 instead of 3.

When you say don't finish, do you mean if the code is just a mess and doesn't work in general or do you mean if the code isn't finished with regards to the original design plan?

Thank you.
Just show some clear idea out plan towards the task. If it isn't finished but has the right idea it's worthy of marks. Useless code will gain or lose you marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending