The Student Room Group

Doing a new personal statement as I'm changing my course

So I want to change my course from creative writing and journalism to marketing and was asked to do a new personal statement by a uni.But I'm not sure if I can copy and paste bits from my old personal statement to my new one for marketing? Bits like my work experience and my hobbies. I'm just worried they'll think of me as lazy if I copy and paste bits down- that's if they notice! Then again I have my exams coming up real soon so I can't afford to start a new personal statement by scratch and spend my time stressing about it.
It's fine to reuse bits of your old statement but make sure that they're relevant. Work experience you may be able to either talk about it if it's relevant or talk about relevant transferable skills and same with hobbies but remember that hobbies should only be about 100 words. The rest of your statement should be about your academic interest in the subject and why you want to study it.
It is perfectly fine to take the information from your past personal statement; work experience etc. But, it is heavily important that you demonstrate what you have learnt from your current years study and how it is applicable to your new course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending