The Student Room Group

okay so I'm 17 and never had a girlfriend, kissed, etc.

Scroll to see replies

I was 18 when I did my first kiss. It just happens when it happens, so don't fret too much.

I'm an introvert. I used to be extremely shy/socially awkward, still am on occasion but less-so; it's a combination of time and effort that helps you get out of that rut. Keep pushing yourself, bit by bit, in social situations to help bolster your confidence. Keep trying, never give up no matter how frustration or uncomfortable it can be. Take it from the guy who once couldn't look people in the eye, but now can not only do that but meet up with random people for conversation over coffee, ask girls out on dates and works several jobs of authority.

If someone as pathetic as I once was can do it, then there is not a shadow of doubt in my mind that with time and effort you can build up that confidence. Then the ladies come.
Reply 21
Go to r9k
Original post by theguywhosaidhi
Hi, something that bothers me a little is, well, the title of the post. I'm super shy and im quiet, which honestly is okay with me but it has downsides when it comes to finding relationships/love (blah blah blah you get the picture). Its not as if i havent liked anyone before, or no ones ever hinted they like me, but i just struggle to act on it. Talking online? Easy (actually I lie, sending the first message is so rare for me, not because i don't want to, but I get so anxious and nervous, even making a facebook or instagram post makes me anxious - im a pussy ik). I get annoyed at myself with how socially garbage i am, I just want to overcome it. Well, before this post becomes a wall, i just was wondering if anyone else is in a similar position, has overcame it or has any advice to help me/us.

Also, first post to TSR, its a very welcoming site but the pop ups to get you to sign up are super annoying... lemme lurk in peace, jesus :^)

Why do you get anxious and nervous?
How do you feel about yourself look wise?
Haha so many of these threads :lol:

But everyone's different and there's still time for you. And it's not all rosy by any means :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending