The Student Room Group

My trust landed in the wrong hands... Again!

Long story short, but basically I found out tonight that someone who I considered to be very close with lied to me.. I asked them for the truth countless times before and they couldn't tell me... I am absolutely distraught. I'm hurt, I'm upset and mostly angry.

I work with this person and for a while I have been thinking about a transfer anyway, but tonight I have made the decision to do so but until then, I have got to still work with this person.. Anyone know how I am going to cope? Anyone know how I can get over this? This is someone who I told things I never would to anyone else... I already deleted him off social media and deleted his number. he doesn't particular gives a toss which hurts even more
Ignore and forget about him?
Original post by RezzBerry
Ignore and forget about him?

Seems straightforward, but it's not easy to just let injustice like this go unanswered.
Original post by Anonymous
Long story short, but basically I found out tonight that someone who I considered to be very close with lied to me.. I asked them for the truth countless times before and they couldn't tell me... I am absolutely distraught. I'm hurt, I'm upset and mostly angry.

I work with this person and for a while I have been thinking about a transfer anyway, but tonight I have made the decision to do so but until then, I have got to still work with this person.. Anyone know how I am going to cope? Anyone know how I can get over this? This is someone who I told things I never would to anyone else... I already deleted him off social media and deleted his number. he doesn't particular gives a toss which hurts even more

I don't know you but you sound a bit ( and I don't want you to take this the wrong way) needy. Asking for the truth "countless times" is not the behaviour of a normal working relationship - or indeed someone who is close.

Step back from this now - you have to work with them - you have other workmates and friends. We all have to associate with people whom we do not feel comfortable with. he doesn't give a toss - neither should you. Chalk it down to experience. In a couple of months time this will not matter in the big scheme of things

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending