The Student Room Group

Can't decide which offer to take, Any advice?

I am torn between an offer of a 5-year program from UEA and an offer from Ulster U. It seems like placement might be hard to find by the time I graduate, but Ulster has a better ranking.
Any advice for me? Anything will be appreciated.
I don't think Ulster is ranked better. But rankings shouldn't really be a factor in this decision; you should go where you will be happiest. What course do you prefer? Have you looked at the course structure/module options at each uni?
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
I don't think Ulster is ranked better. But rankings shouldn't really be a factor in this decision; you should go where you will be happiest. What course do you prefer? Have you looked at the course structure/module options at each uni?

According to The Guardian, The Complete University Guide, Ulster rank higher than UEA [Ulster ranking 1st in The Guardian; Ulster 7, UEA 11 in The Complete University Guide]. Did I miss something?

In term of the course module, they both look great to me.
In term of location, that is not a matter to me, I am quite adaptive.
Original post by Jenkin
According to The Guardian, The Complete University Guide, Ulster rank higher than UEA [Ulster ranking 1st in The Guardian; Ulster 7, UEA 11 in The Complete University Guide]. Did I miss something?

In term of the course module, they both look great to me.
In term of location, that is not a matter to me, I am quite adaptive.

The Guardian's university rankings are not worth the paper they're printed on.
Reply 4
Original post by Snufkin
The Guardian's university rankings are not worth the paper they're printed on.

What ranking should I look into?
Original post by Jenkin
What ranking should I look into?

Why do you have to look at any? None of them are perfect. THE isn't as bad as most though: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2016/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/country/469/sort_by/rank_label/sort_order/asc/cols/rank_only
Reply 6

Well, I want to know which school have a better pharmacy program. That's why.
I have talked to people, browsed around in the forum. I hear people saying good things about UEA, but I couldn't find anything about Ulster Pharmacy program. This seems kinda odd to me. That's why I am making a new post here.
Reply 7
The Guardian ranking seems to be based more on how good the teaching is for undergrads. The other rankings are based more on post-grad research, prestige and what the universities have brought to the world.

I've heard fantastic things about UEA, I'd never heard of Ulster. Which campus felt more at home? Which has a better course? Where would you prefer living? One of those Unis should come out on top. (Even if its just marginally)
The course is going to be fairly similar wherever you go as it's all regulated by the GPhC so I'd suggest for where you feel you'll feel the happiest. Both unis are fairly well-respected (not that that really matters) so I'd ignore that factor tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending