The Student Room Group

BA Combined Honours - help!

Hello :smile: I am currently studying Philosophy & Ethics, English Literature and French at A level. I am looking at universities that offer a Combined Honours degree e.g Sheffield, Newcastle, etc. I would like to do Combined Honours as I'd like to study education alongside English literature and languages and the Combined Honours degree is fairly flexible and allows me to do this.
I was just wondering, if I study three subjects in my first year, would I be able to drop down to studying two as 50/50? This would be ideal for me as I would like to do a PGCE after my degree and you have to have 50% of your degree in the subject you wish to teach. Also, what are the different options e.g major/minor, etc?
Many thanks!
P.S (if anyone knows) how would you go about writing a personal statement for Combined Honours; would I just talk about the subjects I will do in my degree and why I want to do them?
Original post by existential
Hello :smile: I am currently studying Philosophy & Ethics, English Literature and French at A level. I am looking at universities that offer a Combined Honours degree e.g Sheffield, Newcastle, etc. I would like to do Combined Honours as I'd like to study education alongside English literature and languages and the Combined Honours degree is fairly flexible and allows me to do this.
I was just wondering, if I study three subjects in my first year, would I be able to drop down to studying two as 50/50? This would be ideal for me as I would like to do a PGCE after my degree and you have to have 50% of your degree in the subject you wish to teach. Also, what are the different options e.g major/minor, etc?
Many thanks!
P.S (if anyone knows) how would you go about writing a personal statement for Combined Honours; would I just talk about the subjects I will do in my degree and why I want to do them?

Each course will have its own regulations about this. You will have to check each one individually.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending